We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi to the "city centre" ?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
767 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi to the "city centre" ?

Hi, we’ll be in Bridgetown on a cruise, and I’ve heard a taxi from the pier to the designated stop in downtown is a flat rate per person.

Anybody knows where the downtown stop is, I'd love to mark it on my map to see where we can go from there. If not the street, maybe a marker like a square, or a monument, or a business nearby?

Alos, am I reading the taxi rates correctly, it’s $5 US ?

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,233 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi to the "city centre" ?

ImaMY

The Bridgetown Port is located in Bridgetown which is our capital and city centre. No need to take a taxi to the "city centre". It's a short stroll out of the Port.

Where did you see the $5 USD fee?

Regards

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,588 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi to the "city centre" ?

You can walk from the cruise terminal to downtown along the waterfront. Probaby about 15 - 20 min. at a slow pace. The main shopping street is Broad Street, or sometimes folks like to have a drink at the Waterfront Cafe, at the Careenage.

Taxi should not charge per person, but per trip.

Edited: 27 September 2012, 19:06
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
767 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi to the "city centre" ?

I saw the rates here, scroll down a little

www.barbados.org/tours/barbadostaxis.htm

I am not healthy enough to walk much, I thought it would be easier for me to take a taxi, walk around, taxi back.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,233 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi to the "city centre" ?

ImaMY

In such a case, feel free to take the taxi to the other side of the capital (around Independence Square). From there, you can take a tax back to the Bridgetown Port in the afternoon.

The rates at that link are quite accurate I'd say, particularly the ones from the Bridgetown Port and from the Airport.

Hope this helps

Regards

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
767 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi to the "city centre" ?

Thank you, BGI :)

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,233 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi to the "city centre" ?

ImaMY

You're welcome.

Regards

7. Re: Taxi to the "city centre" ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 09:19
Get answers to your questions about Bridgetown
Recent Conversations