We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Newtownards, United...
Level Contributor
544 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Jewellers In Bridgetown

We will be in Barbados next month and I have heard that jewellery there is duty free. Is it much cheaper than the UK and can anyone recommend a shop to buy a designer watch?

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,035 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jewellers In Bridgetown

Yes Ballyw it can be a lot cheaper buying jewellery and watches in Barbados than the UK, but a lot depends on the make of watch. Some companies such as Cartier and Rolex do not allow any shop to sell their watches too cheaply, so some may only be duty free ie without tax However, others can be considerably cheaper and you can haggle----------------I bought a Piaget for half price and a Citizen Eco Drive for a present for a friend which was around £100 cheaper. I have also, in the past bought Raymond Weil watches not available in the UK.

Research the price of the watches you are interested in in the UK so you can compare.

The best selection of high end watches can be found at Diamonds International on Broad Street ( the main Street in Bridgetown ) They have two shops but the main watch one is the smaller one near to Cave Shepherd Dept Store, You can also look at The Royal Shop who are the sole dealers of Rolex and Colombian Emeralds and Little Switzerland who deal in a good range including Omega Raymond Weil, and Tag etc.

Good hunting.

Edited: 01 October 2012, 10:23
South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,602 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jewellers In Bridgetown

A couple of places are Little Switzerland and Columbian Emeralds. I think i recall seeing them in Diamonds International and Cave Shepherd . I saved over £200 on a Raymond Weil .Remember to barter and play one store against the other for the best price .

Edited: 01 October 2012, 10:26
Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,035 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jewellers In Bridgetown

Just re read my post and would like to emphasise that the smaller Diamonds International shop near Cave Shepherd is the one that has more watches upstairs as well ) However their main big shop for jewellery ( and some watches) is at the other end of Broad Street next to the main Taxi Rank.

D I probably has the best choice of quality jewellery, but Little Switzerland also incorportes Tiffany is that's what you like. Some of the smaller Indian owned shops like Geeta's in Da Costas Mall, and several in and around Mall 34 (all off Broad Street ) have SOME good things but they are not the quality of the others. and at the end of Mall 34 you can also find the "Jeweller's Wharehouse " which is the cheaper outlet for Colombian Emeralds . They also sell mid to lower end watches.

Hope that helps.!

Edited: 01 October 2012, 13:03
Exmouth England
Level Contributor
699 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jewellers In Bridgetown

I bought a Ladies Breitling from Diamonds International a couple of years back and it cost me £600 less than if I had bought the same watch in the UK. I have also bought a diamond ring in Barbados in the past. I paid £353 for it and when i took it home and got it valued, it was valued at £1400!!!

Edited: 01 October 2012, 13:14
Exmouth England
Level Contributor
699 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jewellers In Bridgetown

Sorry forgot to say where I bought the ring - Jewellers Warehouse!

Newtownards, United...
Level Contributor
544 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jewellers In Bridgetown

Thank you all for taking time to post, I will know where to go now.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
72 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jewellers In Bridgetown

I saved about £100 on a tissot watch.I knew the watch I wanted and researched the price before I went to Barbados.I will check the name of the shop and post it tomorrow.

8. Re: Jewellers In Bridgetown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Bridgetown
Recent Conversations