We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Barbados Resort

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Barbados Resort

I booked a trip to Barbados, staying at the Grand Barbados Resort, I was just wondering if anyone can give me any information on the place and area. Tips on where to eat etc. I read some of the reviews, which were good, but most of them are old reviews.

Thanks

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Barbados Resort

norneerock

The reason why you got old reviews is that the Grand Barbados has been closed more than one year while it underwent renovations in the hope of being re-branded the Holiday Inn Resort Bridgetown. The hotel reopened on December 17th, 2012.

The hotel is very good, as I mentioned, it just underwent major renovations and upgrades. The location is also stunning, right there in Aquatic Gap. There is a nearby 24 Hour Shell Gas Station where you can purchase necessities such as drinks, snacks, beer, wine etc. You'll be close to the Garrison Historic Area, Barbados Museum, our capital Bridgetown etc.

Apart from the Pier 1 Restaurant at the hotel, I'd highly recommend Brown Sugar across the road, the Lighthouse Terrace as well as the Grille Restaurants at Hilton Barbados, 5 minutes walk down the road, Rachel's at the Savannah. The Deck at Coconut Court. Tapas, Blakey's on the Boardwalk, Champers, Bubba's Sports Bar, Naru and Bert's Bar. These are all along the South Coast within 10 minutes drive of the hotel.

Hope this helps

Regards

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Barbados Resort

Wow Thank You for all the info and the great tips!! I appreciate it .....

I cant wait to go!

Norneerock

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Barbados Resort

norneerock

You're welcome and have an enjoyable stay.

Regards

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Barbados Resort

I was wondering how your stay at this hotel went. I am thinking of booking it soon.

5. Re: Grand Barbados Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 March 2013, 03:15
6. Re: Grand Barbados Resort

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 March 2013, 03:14
7. Re: Grand Barbados Resort

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2014, 07:15
Get answers to your questions about Bridgetown
Recent Conversations