We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barry's Taxi Service

Which Bridgetown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
30 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Barry's Taxi Service

Dears,

I am posting this so you may not repeat the same mistake i did and book Barry's Taxi Service (cell 1(246)240-0961). Basically, he had agreed to pass for my wife and I to Couples Barbados and never came for us to takes us to oistins fish fry. Tried calling him several times and he didn't answer his cell and also start cutting in my face

Not reliable at all, please pass on message to your friends

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,479 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barry's Taxi Service

Gibberish!!

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
30 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barry's Taxi Service

what do you mean ?

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,477 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barry's Taxi Service

Can you clarify what you mean here please....

"Tried calling him several times and he didn't answer his cell and also start cutting in my face"

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
30 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barry's Taxi Service

of course, basically we 1st used him for a trip around barbados which seemed quite fine until he started recieving a lot of telephone calls on his cellphone and was driving like crazy and seemed very worried (his story was that he crashed into a wall and a mechanic was calling him). We then agreed after trip (even though we were 100% satisfied) to use him for a quick taxi ride from CB to oistins and he even told me to bring some perfume for him as a gift. When the time came he never showed up and whenever i was calling and smsing him i got either no answer or he answers and when he hears my voice cuts in my face.

Long story short had to catch an other cab which costed me much more than what i had agreed with him

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,477 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barry's Taxi Service

If you require another one maybe look at these recommendations on post # 2

tripadvisor.co.uk/…38446580

Edited: 11 October 2013, 14:10
Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,477 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barry's Taxi Service

Also agree a price before you even get in the cab and make sure you are quotes in Bds dollars.

Island of Malta...
Level Contributor
30 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barry's Taxi Service

we did obviously, we agreed everything before! he just didn't turn up and ignored our calls!

Hanover, Canada
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barry's Taxi Service

It could be one of those expressions that doesn't translate well across the pond, but I see you are from New York, so that might not be the case. What does "start cutting in my face" mean? It could be interpreted that he passed wind in close proximity to your face, but presume that not to be the case lol.

9. Re: Barry's Taxi Service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2014, 05:17