We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carlisle Bay

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Carlisle Bay

IS this a good spot to spend the day?. I understand it is not too far from the Cruise Terminal. Is the beach within walking distance from the pier?

What is the Boatyard? Is it a beach bar? Do they rent chairs and umbrellas? A few reviews state that there aren't chairs to rent on the beach and others state there are?

Rochester, MN
Level Contributor
31 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carlisle Bay

What day of the week are you in port?

Canada
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carlisle Bay

Carlisle day is a beautiful spot with a lovely long beach. I think that it would be a great place to spend a day, or part of a day. You can definitely rent chairs and umbrellas on the beach....we have. There are several restaurants where you can have your lunch and some drinks. I have seen the Boatyard, but not spent any time there. I believe that you pay a set fee for the day, but not sure exactly what you get for that. It seems quite popular and can be quite busy on cruise ship days. Enjoy your day in Barbados!!!

Canada
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carlisle Bay

Oops, should have said Carlisle Bay.

Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,493 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carlisle Bay

Check this out Souz

http://www.theboatyard.com/

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
202 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carlisle Bay

Hi,

If you like lobster then reserve a table at Lobster Alive and you can use their chairs for free for the day. Its a beautiful stretch of beach and the sea is calm and inviting. If you're lucky you may see a turtle or two.

Edited: 12 November 2013, 12:29
Habich
Level Contributor
825 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Carlisle Bay

I find it ttoo far from the terminal to walk. Take a taxi from the cruise terminal and enjoy the day. With a taxi, you Need about 10 minutes depending on the traffic.

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Carlisle Bay

We get in @ 7am on a Sunday

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Carlisle Bay

Thank you

Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Carlisle Bay

We love Lobster, but we find the lobster from the Caribbean waters on the mushy side compared to Maine Lobster. But we will check this place out.

South Shields...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Carlisle Bay

If you want a quiet beach near cruise terminal would highly recommend Brandon's

Beach it's stunning, there is one place to hire sun beds and umbrellas and a beach bar. Taxi drivers at the cruise terminal don't

Want to take you and suggest other beaches probably as they must be on commission and it's only 5 mins away. You can walk it but it's quite hot to do a 20 min walk. You can even see turtles pop their heads up near the shore as it's not a crowded

Beach. We were there on NOV 30 th.