We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Coast Restaurant Report

Montreal
Level Contributor
661 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
South Coast Restaurant Report

Here are my comments from the places we ate at last week, in chronological order.

McBride's: Burgers 'n' fries, happy hour prices on drinks. We were looking for simple fare after our long flight and our expectations were met. We sat outside - it smelled of spilled beer inside.

Tapas: Great boardwalk location. Professional staff. The waitress said they had a special pasta meal for kids, w/ choice of cheesy or tomato sauce. We got linguini w/ mussels with a vague apology of that was what came out of the kitchen. The tapas dishes were okay, and reasonably priced.

Aussies: See my other post about the VAT ripoff.

Champers: High expectations which were generally met. Gracious staff. My fish dish was swimming in a cream sauce which was just too rich for me. Excellent Austrian white wine for $60BBD.

Paolos Churascuria: I enjoyed the pork and chicken more than the beef. the flank steak tasted like it had been grilled at lunch and re-heated. The buffet was pretty good, as was the service. The Argentinean wine on the table was cheap but I do not recommend it.

Bellini's: Still my value champ on the south coast. Unsophisticated service but what is on the plate is expertly cooked and of high quality ingredients. I had the fish and my wife had a pasta dish.

Pat's Place at Oistins: The winner and still champ.

Montreal
Level Contributor
661 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: South Coast Restaurant Report

I mistakenly clicked Atlantic Coast forum.

Sorry about that.

Ontario
Level Contributor
45 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: South Coast Restaurant Report

I would add the Black Pearl to this list. It's on the boardwalk and we had a great meal there. Expertly prepared, good portions for the price, and a large wine list. They have a combination steak/seafood and Greek menu (it used to be called Opa!) and I've heard they are splitting this and opening a new restaurant strictly for the Greek side (called Opa!) which will be in the Quayside Centre across from Accra. They will still keep the Black Pearl on the boardwalk.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: South Coast Restaurant Report

We recently had 2 excellent meals at 39 Steps, the food was very good and the service was great!! Also had dinner at Brown Sugar, the restaurant was quite pretty with lots of mini lights, and plantings, the food was good but, unfortunately the staff were not too pleasant, won't return for dinner, but may try the buffet lunch some time. Mama Mia's had great pizza and we had a really good at Akee Tree.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
367 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: South Coast Restaurant Report

The buffet lunch at Brown Sugar is very good. I suggest that you give it a try and you will enjoy it. Every vacation, I had the buffet and I am going back during Christmas time and I will go back for sure.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: South Coast Restaurant Report

Thanks LyseLaval, we will give the buffet lunch a try next time we go.

6. Re: South Coast Restaurant Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2010, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Union Hall