We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port St Charles

Which Saint James Parish hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Port St Charles

We are due to stay at Port St Charles and are wondering what there is to do in the evening there. We are not fussed about going out to eat but need to know if there are bars and places to go for a drink there or nearby. Can anyone help?

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,418 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port St Charles

You'll be able to find restaurants in Speightstown. Also a great restaurant is the Fish Pot, you could probably walk there. It's in Little Good Harbour, in an old fort right on the beach. Excellent food for both lunch or dinner.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Port St Charles

There's also Mangoes by the Sea small intimate restuarant on main street in Speightstown.

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Port St Charles

There are places to visit in Speightstown -but don't hold your breath!nothing special - Mango's is nice for dinner on a good night, & they do have a bar there,Fishermans pub's ok for a drink or (very) casual meal, you don't want to walk to Fish pot especially at night. My opinion is get a car & travel around.I always feel an "atmosphere" in Speightstown at night --maybe it's me.............

CHESHIRE
Level Contributor
423 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Port St Charles

Avoid Mangos by the sea like the plague it'shorrible, service is crap and they charge the earth,dont go there, try try the Cliff or Tides for a dining experience worth paying for.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Port St Charles

Just to correct the first poster I wouldn't suggest walking to the Fish Pot - maybe in the day but at night very dark and quiet road which you may find a little daunting and a bit of a trek with the state of the roads and no sidewalk/pavement so I wouldn't recommend it and it would take a good 15 mins I'd say - but Fish Pot is an excellent restaurant and well worth trying.

Sarah

Manchester
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Port St Charles

Going to port st charles villa end of July, would love to know all the things you should and should not do. I hear you can hire a chef? does he come with the food included?

Ireland
Level Contributor
41 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Port St Charles

The Yaught Club in Port St Charles is excellant for food and very reasonable. Its a lovely setting and you can get the water taxi to it from your apartment. Port St Charle is very quite at this time so dont expect too many people in the resturant. They have a pool there too if you want to get a drink while relaxing in the water.

The staff are also fantastic from the guys at the front gate to the guys giving out the lounge chairs on the beach.

You should really enjoy it.

There are a lot of great resturants in the area. You will be spoilt for choice.

Manchester
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Port St Charles

Georgeous, how did you find your stay at port st charles. Any tips as our holiday is fast approaching.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
371 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Port St Charles

Re restaurants, we found Mangos by the sea, which we didn't rate and had a lovely meal at La Mer and Cobblers Cove restaurant - did you try Fishpot and what were the others you tried - curious -will be back there next year and want to be prepared

Ambleside, United...
Level Contributor
124 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Port St Charles

We liked la mer as well.

Get answers to your questions about Saint James Parish