We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Almond bay Beach Club and Spa

chorley
Level Contributor
216 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Almond bay Beach Club and Spa

We will be staying at the Almond Beach Club in November this year (2009) and are a little bit worried about the recent reviews regarding the 'run down ' appearance of the hotel building and rooms. We stayed at Treasure Beach last year and had a wonderful time and hope to have a great time in November. Has anyone been to Almond Beach, or had a look around?

coventry,england
Level Contributor
624 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Almond bay Beach Club and Spa

Hi Susy,

What date are you going,we are flying out to this resort on 12th November for 2 weeks.We have been monitoring this forum since we booked the holiday in Jan,like you we are a bit concerned about some of the negative views that have been posted.However there has been some positive reviews so we are keeping an open mind.Like i always say a holiday is what you make of it,other people have different ideas,dislikes and likes so this can always lead you to good or bad conclusions.As long as the rooms are clean,food is ok and the bars are open then everything will be ok.

Maggie

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,406 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Almond bay Beach Club and Spa

If you do a search of the forum - not the hotel reviews you will get even more opinions!! - some good some not so good

No hotel has perfect reviews

We stayed there in May 2005 - before the refurbishment and had a great time - we wanted somewhere with no children

It is all about expectations and what YOU want from a holiday ...as they say horses for courses

chorley
Level Contributor
216 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Almond bay Beach Club and Spa

Hi Maggie,

We are flying out on Sunday 15th november for 2 weeks.So we will be there at the same time.We are glad to know it's not just us who are concerned about negative reports on the hotel!I believe it has just had a refurb, but I don't know how extensive it was.

serverin sea lodge
Level Contributor
114 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Almond bay Beach Club and Spa

Hey we fly out on this sat!!!!

Will post a report when we get back.

chorley
Level Contributor
216 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Almond bay Beach Club and Spa

Thanks Judith I will look forward to that. Have a great holiday - I'm sure you will!

susy

London, England
Level Contributor
12 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Almond bay Beach Club and Spa

I have fond memories of Almond Beach Club. I used it as a base when I was writing the autobiography of a very famous Bajan cricketer and loved the diversity of the restaurants with use of one in Holetown and, of course, their other hotel(now hotels). Nice pool, small beach frontage but a short walk to huge expanses of sun kissed sand.Most nights I finished up in the little night club, great music, food and , of course, the free drinks. I am not sure how I managed to work the next day - but I did. I went back a couple of years later with my family and while that is a totally different holiday it was still excellent, enjoyed by wife and two grown up sons who struggled to last the pace of the night club. We are back but staying up the road at Coral Reef Club later this year. Although it is AI do get out and sample some of the local fare and get a taste of one of the finest Caribbean islands.

Thewriter

serverin sea lodge
Level Contributor
114 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Almond bay Beach Club and Spa

Just got back from Almond beach club spa. Yes we a fab time. The hotels rooms still in need of refurb and little gruby, we ask for ours to be cleaned again, then was alright. Staff fanstic and food great. You can get pinic lunches if you require. Use the shuttle to alsmond beach village, the Itailian was fine dining, we went twice and once to the reef which was ok. Also went to dover at casuarina service was very poor but food was good. The night life ends at 11pm and main bar closes. The pinao bar then opens but is terrible think it dates back to 70is and is quite smelly. Make sure to get up early sun beds are a bit of a problem, some towels on at 7am, one morning none left at 8am! Should be some rule. Location is great, shopping just acroos the road. All in all we enjoyed ourselves.

Ask for a look around Sandy lane. Mazing!

oxfordshire
12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Almond bay Beach Club and Spa

Glad you had a lovely holiday, we are staying at this hotel in May. Did they supply towels or do you recommend taking our own? Did you go down to Sandy lane beach? was there plenty of sun beds available?

Mandurah, Australia
Level Contributor
22 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Almond bay Beach Club and Spa

Hi there! I have just joined this forum and went straight to Almond Beach Club, as I have been there 5 times now and LOVE this place. (I will be going this December too.) Experience of this resort is that you either love it, or not so much. I have read and heard many negative tales about this place, so I can only tell you my experience, (I have been there twice through building work, which was annoying, but still loved it.) We meet the same people year in year out, as you will find many people are loyal to this resort. I will just put some points/yips below for any newcomers who have booked or are thinkg about booking, and feel free to ask any specific quesitions too. (By the way, I am 29 and married, and first went here 4 years ago on honeymoon, and have been 3 times in the last twelve months!)

+ Towels are provided - one large beach towel per person which can sbe swapped as often as you like for a clean one at the beach hut. Fresh bath towels also each day (if you leave them on the floor, if you are happy to save wather/detergent, they ask you to hang them up)

+ it is true that sun loungers are grabbed early, but fortunately, we go mid December when the hotel is much quieter, so isn't such an issue.

+ There is no real beach at this place, but I love the 3 pools and we split our time between them and the beautiful Sandy Lane beach a 2 minute walk round the corner. Often, there can be just you and the jet ski boys. (WHo are no trouble at all.)

+ The locals are very friendly (if you treat them likewise). And the staff, well, they make our holiday. True, they can be slow, and may appear aloof, but honestly, this tends to be the laid back attitude showing in a poor light. Most are characters and will bend over backwards to please you.

+ All rooms are now either completely new or refreshed and we have never once had to complain. They are clean and functional and to be honest, we don't spend too much time in there anyway. (The beds are HUUUGE!)

+ The food is the best part of the place - al la carte most lunch and dinner times, plus you can go to the other Almond resorts on a free shuttle bus throughout the day and night.

+ take plenty of insect repellent - sand flies worse than mosquitos.

+ you will find you can get just about anything shopping wise in Barbados if you forget anything, so don't worry about that - medical care over ther eis also very good, and pharmacists can usually sort out minor problems easily. There is a 24hour medical centre just over the road from the Almond Beach Club.

Well, if anyone wants any more info, just let me know

Cardiff, UK
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Almond bay Beach Club and Spa

I agree with what RSBrockelhurst writes. I have been there 5 times in recent years and love the place. No screaming kids ! Book a superior deluxe room - the best and nearer the pools/dining room.

Though the beach is small you can swim there and there is good snorkeling there as well.

Regular bus route outside the front gate that takes you anywhere for about 40p

Sun beds can get booked up, but you usually can find a bed even in peak season like Christmas time.

It is a great location for walks by the sea.

Food,entertainment and late night piano bar - first class.

We have met many return guests year after year - which speaks for itself !

Enjoy !

Long may this hotel group prosper.