We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help !!!!!!! different hotel,than the ABC

coventry,england
Level Contributor
624 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Help !!!!!!! different hotel,than the ABC

Hi all,after the recent reviews on the ABC,and the fact that you have to wear long trousers and collared shirts in the evenings,we are looking for a different hotel,any recommendations greatly received.Still looking for all inclusive,adults only if possible(no kids).

Mags

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help !!!!!!! different hotel,than the ABC

When are you travelling? There are no other all-inc's that do not allow children to my knowledge but if you go during school term time children shouldn't be in abundance I'd say.

Take a look at Mango Bay, Almond Casuarina or Turtle Beach.

London
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help !!!!!!! different hotel,than the ABC

I think you might find that most hotels have a dress code in the evening, i.e. collared short sleeve shirts and long trousers. I have been checking lots of them out and this seems the norm and in some restaurants also.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help !!!!!!! different hotel,than the ABC

Yes that is correct actually!

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,358 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help !!!!!!! different hotel,than the ABC

As ever Sarah is right. There is a dress code most/many places in the evenings but it's generally nice casual. It sounds over strict at ABC - more so that I have heard of or seen anywhere in the Caribbean from what has been said. I've seen you other post and I can see why you are wanting to change hotels - I'm all for a bit of an effort but it sounds OTT at the ABC! Hope you manage to get it sorted out soon,

essex
Level Contributor
516 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help !!!!!!! different hotel,than the ABC

almond beach village, although the brochure says trousers and collared shirts they are quite lapse in holding this rule up.

but i think it is nice to dress for dinner occasionally !

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help !!!!!!! different hotel,than the ABC

I struggled when we stayed at the Discovery Bay. Not for me, but my boyfriend only owns one pair of trousers (jeans) as he lives in beach pants. Luckly he could wear jeans, but I know that some hotels do not like you wearing denim for dinner.

ABC is the only hotel on the island that is adult only all inclusive, but I guess you will be travelling out of the school holidays (as most people travelling without kids try to avoid these like the plague), so as Sarah said you hopefully wont have a lot of kids at most of the hotels anyway. Remember though that the US school holidays differ from UK holidays. You may find that the hotels that are more relaxed on evening dress in the restaurants may be the hotels that have kids clubs etc and so will be popular with familes.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
11,541 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help !!!!!!! different hotel,than the ABC

As has been said, I don't know a decent hotel that does not have some kind of evening dress code.

Quite honestly I can't understand your objections. Surely it's no big deal for your husband to wear light cotton trousers with some light deck shoes or mocassins, and a short sleeved cotton or silk shirt?? Surely as a women you enjoy dressing up in a pretty summer dress for dinner? Dressing nicely makes an occasion of dinner and I believe it makes life more fun.

coventry,england
Level Contributor
624 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help !!!!!!! different hotel,than the ABC

Hi Sadowner,

Yes you are right, i love dressing up and i do everynight i am on holiday.However my husband used to be very large (overweight) but has lost a lot of weight in the last 2 years.He is now a fitness fanatic and dosent drink or eat a lot untill we go away.Once we are on holiday he makes up for it and puts pounds on,he puts it on that easy and fast( hard to believe )but he can put up to 3 stone on in 2 weeks.This makes him very uncomfortable and spends the whole time in shorts and t shirts were he finds it comfortable.Hence the fact if he has to wear long trousers he has to take at least 3 different sizes with him,plus he then sweats a lot.So as you can see a bit of a dilema.

Mags

serverin sea lodge
Level Contributor
114 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help !!!!!!! different hotel,than the ABC

keep covered dont forget the mozzys,they loved sweat.

coventry,england
Level Contributor
624 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help !!!!!!! different hotel,than the ABC

Hi All,

Thanks for your help and advice,however been out shopping today and hubby has bought 2 pairs of lightweight trousers ,both 2 sizes up from the ones he has already.So he has given in to the fact he is going to have to wear long pants in the evenings,so we will still be going to the ABC.

Mags

Get answers to your questions about Saint James Parish
Recent Conversations