We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mango Bay Resort

farmingdale, ny
Level Contributor
161 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Mango Bay Resort

We are arriving on Saturday for 6 days. Can't wait. Is there anything that I need to remember to bring? Do you reserve for lunch and dinner for all the days or do you reserve each day? What is a popular drink and food not to missed? Thanks for all the help.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
534 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mango Bay Resort

When you arrive and check in you will be shown around. It is only a small hotel but the receptionist took us to the restaurant and we then booked for dinner that night and lunch the following day. I think you can pre book for longer periods if you wish. My favourite drink was a lime daiquiri made by the older bar man whose name escapes me.

I took mosquito spray with me but found the 'OFF' bought from the local supermarket was much more effective. Hope you have a lovely holiday, it is a nice little hotel.

Clare

Croydon, England...
Level Contributor
980 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mango Bay Resort

You have to book for lunch and dinner at breakfast time each morning for the day. They can't handle everyone coming in for lunch or dinner at once so they allocate 15 mins slots of maximum numbers even if the restaurant isn't full. If you're late they won't hold you. Its no big deal just play by how hotels want to operate.

farmingdale, ny
Level Contributor
161 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mango Bay Resort

Thank you for the information. I am so excited. Can't wait.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mango Bay Resort

Claire (Bread) Hi!!! the older bar man is called Alvin he's brilliant so chilled out nothing fazes him unless you ask for a mudslide!!! I never miss the banana split when I go there for my birthday. Also the freshly cooked to order omelettes are yummy I always have one with everything in. The wine glasses size with dinner is also dangerous as they keep topping you up and thats no good when your Cinderella and have to get in your transportation home after another wonderful birthday!! Hope you have a wonderful time

farmingdale, ny
Level Contributor
161 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mango Bay Resort

Is Banana split a drink or the dessert?

Raleigh
Level Contributor
73 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mango Bay Resort

I don't mean to hijack your thread, but does anyone know if there is a drink menu at the bar you can order from? We are taking are first trip to Barbados and staying at Mango Bay. Thanks.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mango Bay Resort

Banana Split is my dessert of choice!! There is no written drinks menue - Just ask and you may receive!

Croydon, England...
Level Contributor
980 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Mango Bay Resort

There IS a cocktail drinks list at the bar or in the seating area, I know because I have seen, read it when I was there last October.

farmingdale, ny
Level Contributor
161 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mango Bay Resort

Thanks for all the advice. Will be there tomorrow. Can't wait.

Durango, Colorado
Level Contributor
756 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mango Bay Resort

This is a sample list from Mango Bay's web site:-)

Mango Bay Burning Flames -

A blend of White Rum, Southern Comfort,

Coconut Cream and Pineapple Juice. Poured

over Grenadine Syrup.

Total Eclipse -

Dark Rum, Lime Juice, Cranberry Juice

and Passoa

Damn the Weather -

Gin, Cointreau, Orange Juice and Martini

Rosso Vermouth

Big Banana -

Ripe Banana, Cold Milk, Pineapple Juice and Coconut Cream