We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for advice on a luxury boutique hotel for 25th anniv

toronto
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
looking for advice on a luxury boutique hotel for 25th anniv

any comments on The House, Cobblers COve, Sand Piper, Lone Star, Little Arches, Little GOod Harbour?

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,822 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for advice on a luxury boutique hotel for 25th anniv

Well each of the hotels you have listed are lovely to be honest...what I would ask is what you like to do on vacation? do you like to party? stay quiet? dine out a lot? rent a car? etc.

More info needed as this will help you decided the location I'd say.

My personal favourite is Little Arches to be honest but as I previously said the others also are very nice....Little Good Harbour would probably be my second choice.

Sarah

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for advice on a luxury boutique hotel for 25th anniv

As Sarah has said ...the best advice can only be given with a little more information

All are good locations with their own + and -

..for example Good Little Harbour is right at the top of the West Coast and therefore a fair distance from anywhere ....if you want to travel around a car would be essential

.....Little Arches is highly recommended but the SW coast may not be your cup of tea

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for advice on a luxury boutique hotel for 25th anniv

I've stayed in some nice hotels in Barbados, Fairmont Royal Paviion and Cobblers Cove. Heard that The House was lovely so went to tour it. I was really shocked. No one was there to meet me even though I had pre arranged a time to arrive, i had to hunt around for their 'ambassadors'. It took some time to find any staff. Rooms were dingy and depressing. Beach area is quite small and not so private. Pool is very small. I actually felt depressed when I left and can't understand the good reviews. Perhaps I am comparing that hotel to five star hotels in Barbados and The House in no where in that category. I would suggest Cobblers Cover, Sandpiper, Royal Pavilion and many do like the Colony Club.

toronto
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for advice on a luxury boutique hotel for 25th anniv

Any other info about CObblers Cove? They are running a 50% off specail for their Ocean VIew rooms.

england
Level Contributor
552 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: looking for advice on a luxury boutique hotel for 25th anniv

If you want to look at little arches, put sunshine bob into the search box and you will find his very amusing and extremely well-written trip report of the time he holidayed at little arches.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,030 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: looking for advice on a luxury boutique hotel for 25th anniv

Cobblers Cove is an excellent choice. Just sent you a message about it. There are also some excellent restaurants to try. Some of my favourites are: Tides, The Restaurant At Southseas and Lone Star.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
11,047 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: looking for advice on a luxury boutique hotel for 25th anniv

I don't think any of the ones mentioned hold a candle to the Sandpiper!

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,822 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: looking for advice on a luxury boutique hotel for 25th anniv

Restaurant at Southseas is closed indefinitely I am sorry to say since the death of Alfred Taylor the owner. His son Barry (the chef) has said he cannot face re-opening after the tragedy.

Sarah

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: looking for advice on a luxury boutique hotel for 25th anniv

I'll add my opinions here.

I think Treasure Beach is fantastic.

Also check out The Sandpiper; and their "sister" resort, Coral Reef Club.

All 3 hotels have some very special rooms to enjoy for such a special occasion (with your own plunge pools).

Look at my site at: www.barbadostips.com

and I have several pictures there and write ups that may help you with your decision.

Lois

toronto
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: looking for advice on a luxury boutique hotel for 25th anniv

THanks Lois. Your website is great and I am checking into rates etc.