We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holetown restaurants

Which Saint James Parish hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Sussex
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Holetown restaurants

Have heard differing accounts of restaurants in Holetown closing down, burning down!, changing names etc that I'm now confused. Can anyone give me a list of the restaurants and beach bars in Holetown that really are open and operating for December this year (2009)?

Also, any suggestions of which ones are good for a bit of fun like some music or karaoke?

Thanks.

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
3,805 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holetown restaurants

That's a tricky one..Something open today might not be in December

I haven't seen many posts that 'differ' in their view of whether somewhere is open or not

Ragamuffins did burn down but is now fully operational and better than ever

Ragamuffins on a Sunday night is great fun (you NEED to book) and afterwards there is a karaoke bar next door

Here are some that were open

The Tides

The Beach House

Zaccios

Surfside

Patisserie Flindt

The Mews

Sitar (Indian)

Café Indigo

Angry Annies

Spagos

Elbow Room

Just Grillin’

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,327 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holetown restaurants

Having just returned I can confirm that all of the above are open at this moment in time.

Bars open in Holetown are : Lexys Piano Bar for real late night entertainment, Oasis Bar with a DJ and also Limes in 2nd street which also has a DJ at weekends.

The Mews also has live entertainment on Friday nights.

south east
Level Contributor
918 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holetown restaurants

The One Love rum bar in 2nd Street, Holetown (next to Ragamuffins) has karaoke on a Sunday night - go to the dinner show at Ragamuffins first, followed by karaoke in the street!

Durango, Colorado
Level Contributor
749 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holetown restaurants

Cannot wait to sit @ Surfside & have some cocktails on the ocean!!!

KNK

West Sussex
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holetown restaurants

Thanks so much everyone - that's really helpful. I've got two 18 year olds and two 15 year olds to entertain on a tight budget so any suggestions are much appreciated. We usually stay down on the South Coast but are at All Seasons Resort, Europa (in the slums behind Sandy Lane!) this time for a change. We do have a hire car for the whole time so will go down to the Gap for one night and also Oistins. Does anyone know if Harbour Lights is safe to let an 18 year old boy and girl go to on their own? Is there one night of the week that is more geared to the younger crowd? Thanks.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holetown restaurants

Harbour Lights is full of 18-25 years olds so they will love it! any older and you def feel like and OAP...

Sarah

Whitehaven...
Level Contributor
4 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Holetown restaurants

Does anyone know if the Asian Palm (Chinese) is still open in Holetown?

We were last there in Aug 2008, going back in May.

The place was basic but the food was good and very reasonably priced.

Cheers

Al

Edited: 03 February 2010, 17:01
barbados
Level Contributor
329 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Holetown restaurants

Hi - yes the Asian Palm is still open.

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Holetown restaurants

How much would you be looking at spending doing the dinner show and then onto the karoke ? I realise it depends on how much you drink but roughly what sort of prices am I looking at spending per night ?

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
3,805 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Holetown restaurants

The karoke is free ...it takes place in the street just up from Ragamuffins...it is very entertaining!!!

In April 2009 our bill ( for 4) at Ragamuffins was 465 BDS$ ( £306 at todays rate) inc cocktails , beers, wine, a 3 course meal and tip...and of course the floor show