We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new name for cocomos

Cheshire
6 posts
Save Topic
new name for cocomos

Hiya,

Someone told me that Coco mos is called something else now - is that true? if so, whats the new name as it has been recommended!

Ontario
Level Contributor
716 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new name for cocomos

It's now Zaccios

http://www.zaccios.com/

:-)

Connecticut
Level Contributor
197 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new name for cocomos

Great place for happy hour to mix with tourists/locals and to watch the sunset!...went there twice and had dinner also....reasonably priced with OK food considering its the West Coast!

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
4,434 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new name for cocomos

We found the decor, food and service to be average this year - sort of like a mid range fast food place. Get there early if you want a table where you can watch the sunset.

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,097 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: new name for cocomos

I would say it is top end fast food !!!

Certainly not fine dining but if you choose carefully the quality is good -very good and the prices make it very good value

The other way to get a rail-side table is to go after the first ( sunset sitting) sitting has moved on ..... about 7.30 pm ...we always go prepared for a short wait and have a drink at the bar

Guildford
Level Contributor
436 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: new name for cocomos

I thought newboldbobs got it spot on - mid range fast food place - nice to be on the rail of course.

If you stick to the fast food end of the menu it is fine. I had surf & turf there once for over Barbados $100 and it was a tough minute steak and a burnt prawn!

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
153 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: new name for cocomos

Can't comment on dinner which is a more expensive menu as we've only ever done lunch.

And we really enjoy it for a nice leisurely lunch on the rail with a nice bottle of the Barbadan standard Grove Mill!

Best chicken roti in Holetown, bajan fishcakes are nice, pasta is good, burgers are fine - but hey go for the view and relax and chill out!!

Service I've always found friendly and relaxed and they don't hurry you out.

SO for a beach view, value lunch that we never complain about (and we can be fussy) its hard to beat - better than Mullins INMHO!! And for lunch that's fine - more upmarklet are Lonestar (excellent) and Tides for lunch (sadly in our opinion) the new hardwalk spoils the soft sand views at Tides.

Anyway if you get a rail seat you'll enjoy a low cost good value lunch (£25 plus wine).

Best not to argue with the Newbolds as they are scary (only kidding!!) and have 3000 posts!!

Go and enjoy!

Jim

ps link to a piccie on another site

…freeforums.org/viv-day-5-6-t2176.html

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: new name for cocomos

I love Zaccios. Ate there for the first time since the name change 2 weeks, and still enjoyed it. Food is pretty much the same, as well as the staff. Not to be compared to places such as Tides etc, but for the money you pay, it is good value.

8. Re: new name for cocomos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Saint James Parish
Recent Conversations