We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is it rainy at the moment?

Which Saint James Parish hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Poole, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
is it rainy at the moment?

i know, i know - people hate weather questions! But i have been checking out the weather reports and it is all rain, rain, thunderstorm, rain :( we are leaving on Sunday and are so excited - 1st time to Barbados:) - if someone could fill me on on what it's like there right now, would be so grateful....

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,153 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is it rainy at the moment?

If it's raining are you going to cancel your trip?

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is it rainy at the moment?

that's not an answer! but in answer to your question, no - obviously not, unless the ash cloud or British Airways, who together seem intent on ensuring that nobody leaves the UK this Summer, stop it for us......

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is it rainy at the moment?

…remotemanager.co.uk/app/…live

It looks pretty sunny today on the webcam at Mullins on the west coast. We have been around this time in May many times, although past weather doesn'i indicate what future weather will do it is usually very hot and sunny at this time of year with little rain. Enjoy your trip!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is it rainy at the moment?

http://www.royalwestmoreland.com/webcam/

sorry that other link didn't seem to work, try this one

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,153 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is it rainy at the moment?

Okay then, stop worrying about the weather.

Your 13.4 degrees north of the equator, where tropical showers and rain are common and can be daily in nature. Barbados has just gone through a very dry season, drought conditions so rain is necessary and very welcome.

If you put weather in the search box you will find 1000's of comments and if you go to the FAQ's you'll also find answers.

When it rains and it will go for a swim, go to a bar have a drink and enjoy.

Have a great trip.

warwickshire uk
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: is it rainy at the moment?

Yes it rains here in barbados, and i will give you the times i over look bathsheba and bath beach it rained @6.30 until 7.00 it is now 13.50 and low and behold it has been about 28-30 all day, but @ 6.30 it did not rain in st james as most of us know it does rain island wide unless it comes from the north

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is it rainy at the moment?

Thank you! really appreciated:)

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: is it rainy at the moment?

one more question....!!! US dollars or Barbadian dollars?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: is it rainy at the moment?

I was there last week and on the whole, no, it wasn't rainy. There were a few downpours but that will always happen in a tropical climate. Absolutely nothing to worry about though, most of the time it was bright and sunny and very very hot!

Re currency - both are accepted widely on the island, but if you pay in US, you will always receive your change in BDS (I believe it's a legal requirement). Personally, I prefer to us BDS so that I'm only dealing in one currency, plus the fact it's their island - I use their money!

Poole, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: is it rainy at the moment?

you're a star! Thank you:)