We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another Daytime Robbery

south east
Level Contributor
918 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Another Daytime Robbery

I have received some very concerning information, and feel that I should pass it on. I have checked in the press but have seen nothing about the incident. This has been reported to me from a very reliable source, and in fact originates from the Sandy Lane Owner's Association.

It seems that a couple were robbed at gunpoint at around noon on Independence day. They were staying at the Sandy Lane Hotel and were apparently walking along the beach. They were then held up and robbed by a guy with a gun just to the south of the Sandy Lane owners beach facility.

This is somewhere all my family regularly walk. I do not intend to stop our walks and do not think anyone should do likewise. However, I think it is important that people know these incidents are taking place in order that they do not carry valuables.

I will now make sure I will not be wearing any jewellery at all (not even my wedding ring) when I walk along the beach, and I will not be walking alone. I think it is important not to be an attraction to a would-be robber.

1. Re: Another Daytime Robbery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 December 2010, 17:35
south east
Level Contributor
918 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another Daytime Robbery

Update from police in newspaper -

news.barbadostoday.bb/barticle.php…

3. Re: Another Daytime Robbery

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 December 2010, 11:05
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another Daytime Robbery

Well after reading that report I really hope that the perpetrator is found and dealt with and the area is better covered by security. I hope that the people get their property returned to them as the villian can't get very far on this island. This incident should have been better reported because I heard nothing about it. Per capita Barbados is a low crime area but any crime is too much. As was previously mentioned jewellery should be put elsewhere and then there is not the temptation however this crime must have been planned because of the gun so the victims couldn't have prevented it. I really hope they were'nt too traumatised and I look forward to hearing that the culprit has been dealt with effectively by the RBPF. It upsets me to think that anyone coming to Barbados experiences anything other than a wonderful time.

Edited: 04 December 2010, 13:00
5. Re: Another Daytime Robbery

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2011, 06:38