We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Northern England
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Weddings at the Waves hotel, Barbados.

Hi All,

I am looking to get married next year (August 2011) in Barbados and I think we have settled on the Waves hotel for accomadation and wedding. The only problem I am having is there is very little information on the wedding side of things,especially pictures so you can see what to expect. I have contacted Virgin although received little information.Some reviews for this hotel on trip advisor seem poor, although from reading the forum comments it has cheered me up some. I am wanting a beach wedding at Waves and wondered if this was possible. Any information would be greatly recieved.

Thanks

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,488 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weddings at the Waves hotel, Barbados.

You could always email the hotel to put your mind at rest.

Swindon, United...
Level Contributor
326 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weddings at the Waves hotel, Barbados.

wavesbarbados.com/weddings/wedding-packages/

Northern England
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weddings at the Waves hotel, Barbados.

thanks alot. Will give that a try.

Somerset UK
Level Contributor
50 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weddings at the Waves hotel, Barbados.

We stayed at Waves August 10 and there is much which is good. The beach however is quite small and would not be my choice for a beach wedding. The staff will be very helpful and the food and rooms are of good quality. You need to be aware that the hotel is in two halves and initial impressions are not good (there was a lorry emptying the septic tank at the front door when we arrived!) Personally I would choose Seabreeze as it has a little more garden and nicer small beach.

PMP
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,262 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weddings at the Waves hotel, Barbados.

The Waves has been moved up to Number 4 in the St James area, so the negative from the last post is slightly outdated - from August 2010!!

Yes the hotel is split into two - being both sides of a road, but we have never found this an obstacle. The beach can sometimes be washed away by the sea and does return again, but you can never tell when and how much this will happen.

The sea view from the main part of the hotel is fantastic, especially when you first walk in to Reception and see the Caribbean sea ahead of you.

Read the Wave reviews and try to get in touch with those who have had their wedding there, I am sure they will be able to help put your mind at ease.

Only another five weeks and we will be there - cannot wait.

P.S. I had some friends who went ot the Seabreeze when that first opened and didn't like it at all, so I guess you just have to go along with what you want at the end of the day.

Northern England
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weddings at the Waves hotel, Barbados.

Thanks alot for your information. I have emailed a few people who have married there and just waiting for replies. Hope you have a fab holiday.

Northern England
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weddings at the Waves hotel, Barbados.

Thanks alot for your response.

Manchester, United...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Weddings at the Waves hotel, Barbados.

don't do it, you will be well disappointed with this hotel. There isn't even a beach!

White Plains
Level Contributor
94 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weddings at the Waves hotel, Barbados.

Your comment is a bit late, as if she did get married at Waves, or even in Barbados, she would have done it last month.

Anglesey
Level Contributor
9 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Weddings at the Waves hotel, Barbados.

My son got married at the waves(before the refurb)and you are always a bit nervous and because your not in control you don't know what to expect --but I can assure you the hotel staff bend over backwards for you, just trust them and believe me you will have a wonderfull time .The beach weddings are superb and the photo's are nice as the sun goes down .We had a fantastic day as it all went very smoothly thanks to all at the hotel .So just relax and enjoy --

Get answers to your questions about Saint James Parish