We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa/house rental for large family suggestions?

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
327 posts
Save Topic
Villa/house rental for large family suggestions?

Can anyone give any recommendations on renting, I guess in or as close to nicer section on West coast of Barbados? A House/Villa big enough for a large family. 4 adult couples, another adult and 2 children?

I think we'd ideally like it on or as close to beach as can get. Also, not high rollers so the $50k/week options are out. Looking for something like $7k max maybe. Not real sure, just looking for a feel.

also dates would likely be between Thanksgiving and middle of December. Never been to Barbados, coming from States.

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,211 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa/house rental for large family suggestions?

Is that 9 adults and 2 children ??? ..so 5 or 6 bedrooms??

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
327 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa/house rental for large family suggestions?

Yes, assuming we could get everyone to agree on dates and price ;)

Peterborough
Level Contributor
312 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa/house rental for large family suggestions?

Just a quick suggestion- have you checked the weather and which restaurants are open at that time.

WE are staying at 64 Mullins Heights but there are 2 bedrooms apartments and the upstairs penthouse. They appear to be quite negotiable on prices. Check the particulars at wwwMullinsheights.com

It is more than 90 steps to the Mullins Beach but that and Gibbes beach to the south are really nice.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa/house rental for large family suggestions?

Belair at Mullins may suit directly on the beach. I had some friends stay here, but is was a few years ago, but it is big enough.

holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/mullins/134922

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa/house rental for large family suggestions?

The other option is to take 2 x 3 bedroom apartments or villas,

barbados
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa/house rental for large family suggestions?

www.villa-barbados.co.uk/Gallery/index.html

I can highly reccomend this one. Simple,clean great location and dircetly on the beach. The split accomodation would probably be ideal for the family with the kids.

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa/house rental for large family suggestions?

My friend stayed at Mullins Heights. Its really nice, and has a pool.

Toronto
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa/house rental for large family suggestions?

I am a frequent visitor to Barbados, and have stayed at many west-coast villas, including Belair, Turtle's Nest, Aquamarine, Ocean's Edge, Landmark House & Cottage, and Jane's Harbour. You are unlikely to find a 6 bedroom beach-front villa in your price range. At best you will have a walk, and you'll probably have to cross a very busy road. If you really want to be right on a beach, you might consider renting two 3-bedroom townhouses -- the Mahogany Bay villas are quite nice, and the beach is great for walking. Also consider the Merlin Bay townhouses. Otherwise, your cheapest would be Belair, although 2 of the bedrooms are in the cottage, and are located very close to the road. Lots of morning traffic noise. My choice would be Landmark House and Cottage, which would run you about $2000/night. For that price you get a butler, a wonderful cook, and a couple of maids.

Hope this helps.

Barbados
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa/house rental for large family suggestions?

Have you tried this one?...There's plenty of room for everyone....

bruadair.co.uk/Holiday_Villa_Caribbean/Welco…

Level Contributor
351 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Villa/house rental for large family suggestions?

We rented a nice place near Holetown that was managed by Bajan Services. 3 bedrooms that slept a total of 6. I know that's less than your number but the villa was in a small complex with 7 other houses that would probably be available too. It was called Oceans Edge at Merlin Bay and you can google it or check with bajanservices.com. Great swimming beach and communal pool and each villa had it's own plunge pool. Highly recommended. Each villa runs about $900 per night and includes cook and housekeeper

Get answers to your questions about Saint James Parish
Recent Conversations