We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling Alone

London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Travelling Alone

Hi, flying to Barbados next week - I'm a single female and would like to know how safe it is as a lone traveller. Thanks.

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling Alone

As long as you still have the same wits about you that you would at home, you should be fine. I live in Barbados and have no worries about walking round/getting the bus by myself.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,816 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling Alone

Agree with Glitter Girl I live alone in Holetown and have no worries at all. Be aware of your surroundings and don't carry important documents and piles of money with you , and don't be too flash with the jewellery ----------------- in fact , behave the same as you probably do at home living in London ,and you will be fine. Hope you have a great time.------ where are you staying ?

toronto
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling Alone

I also agree with the ladies. I travel there every year for a month and have never had a problem . Just like home you have to respect the surroundings and dont stray too far away from the beaten path. The people are fantastic in Barbados. Not to say if you have alot of Bling on you could become a magnet. Dress beach casual and feel at home with the people and should be fine. Enjoy!!!!

GEM
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling Alone

Thats one reason I am going back to Barbados next year is I am by myself and feel comfortable.

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,816 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling Alone

I must clarify what I said You will have to carry money and your pasport when you go to take advantage of the great duty free shopping but then lock it away in your room and don't take it to the beach as some people seem compelled to do.

At night carry enough money for your meal and your drinks and again leave the rest in the room. This is NOT to say that Barbados is not safe place at night or worry you at all, but as anywhere else, it is just a sensible course of action to take.

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling Alone

Thank you all for your responses. It looks as though the ash from the volcano has left the UK air space so, fingers crossed, hopefully no delays and I'll be in Fitts next week.

7. Re: Travelling Alone

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2012, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Saint James Parish