We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cin cin

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
342 reviews
Save Topic
Cin cin

Has anyone heard about a new resturant opening in St James's area called Cin Cin. I have looked at their website and it looks like its not open yet. Does anyone know anything about it and when it will be open - I believe the owner used to own Olives?

Thanks

Ottawa
Level Contributor
84 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cin cin

Although the construction appears to be finished (at least outside), the restaurant is not open yet. I have not heard of an official opening date yet, but I am watching!

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cin cin

I was told by inside sources last year that the project was not going to be completed. Costs were way too high and they decided against going forward. It was to be Larry Roger's restaurant (formerly of Olives & La Terra).

Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cin cin

The restaurant is now open, and the interiors and setting are excellent. The food is very good, but the portion sizes are on the small side for the price.

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cin cin

Thanks for the update. I will need to check it out when I visit again in October. I will look online to see what their website now says.

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cin cin

I tried to call last week and the cleaning lady answered the phone - she didn't know herself if it was open yet. Glad to hear it is open now. I believe it is mediterranean cuisine??

Tenafly, New Jersey
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cin cin

My wife and I ate at Cin Cin on July 3. Both my wife and I liked it better than Champers and The Cliff, which is pretty surprisimg, since Cin Cin had only neen opened for one week when we dined there. The service was friendly and very efficient. The food was excellent and the setting om the water is perfect. We sat outside, but the inside has a very nice modern look, with a large glass wall looking out on the water. Michelle Rogers was out making sure everyone was happy and was happy to chat about the restaurant. I would say htis is a must dine restaurant if you are in Barbados.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Widdington
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cin cin

We went there in JUly - outstanding. Food is awesome views spectacular. We ate there 3 times in 14 days ........a must place to go

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,096 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cin cin

This is great to hear, we always loved it when it was Calabaza, a nice setting so I will look forward to trying this out soon.

Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
342 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cin cin

thank you for all the information - we have booked to go twice in early August now based on your feedback! thanks again!

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,668 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cin cin

Here is the website for Cin Cin by the Sea: http://www.cincinbarbados.com/

We booked online for our October trip and they replied back immediately confirming everything.