We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drinking on beaches

Washington DC
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Drinking on beaches

Two questions:

1- Anyone know the price of drinks/beer at Treasure beach?

2- Anyone know if you are allowed to bring your own cooler of drinks/beer to the beaches in Barbados?

I don't want to go All-Inclusive, but don't want to break the bank drinking all day.

Thanks!

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
12,825 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drinking on beaches

I don't know the price of the drinks at Treasure Beach , but they will be typical Hotel prices ie expensive, but there is nothing in the World to stop you taking your own food or drink on any beach in Barbados.

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,687 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drinking on beaches

Go to a mini-mart or similar and stock up your cooler with Banks /rum / what ever - it will save you a small fortune.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drinking on beaches

sounds good... thanks fellow drinkers!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,283 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drinking on beaches

jeffrey

Typical prices at Treasure Beach are approximately $5 for soda, $7 for local beer, $20 for a glass of wine, $20 for most cocktails, $35 glass of champagne.

Take Brett's advice. Go to a supermarket and get your drinks and a bag or 2 of ice and head for the beach. The beaches are all public and no one can stop you.

Regards

Washington DC
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Drinking on beaches

wow $20 for a cocktail? I'm trying to plan a honeymoon so want something romantic and lower key, but not trying to spend $2grand on wine and alcohol alone hahaha...maybe i should go all inclusive? Any suggestions? Based on reviews MangoBay seems to be the front runner with The Waves a close second.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,283 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Drinking on beaches

jefferymt1

You'll find cocktails pricy at higher-end hotels such as Treasure Beach. Maybe you could go up the road to Scarlet and get cheaper cocktails there.

I'd say Mango Bay is currently the front runner on the West Coast at the moment, but their beach comes and goes throughout the year. Nonetheless, it's great right now. I'd say Crystal Cove 2nd, then the Waves in for 3rd.

My thoughts on Barbados are to go non-AI where possible... and have a budget which you can easily control.

Regards

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,705 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Drinking on beaches

Jeffrey, prices are expensive but I believe GS quoted prices in BBD $, that would be l/2 the price in US $.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,283 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Drinking on beaches

Precisely. They were BBD.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
9,205 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Drinking on beaches

You can go to the local grocery store such as Supercentre and pick up a 6 pack of Banks Beer for $11.99 Bds or $ 6 US.

Go to Supercentre.com and see the price of beer and spirits, rum is really inexpensive. Make a pitcher or thermos of your favourite rum drink and enjoy yourself.

10. Re: Drinking on beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2013, 10:29
Get answers to your questions about Saint James Parish