We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Restaurants in The Gap

Fleet, Hampshire
Level Contributor
14 posts
197 reviews
Save Topic
Best Restaurants in The Gap

Hi there

We are going to be staying at the Bougainvillea Resort in October with our 12 year old son (he is not a picky eater), where are the best restaurants to eat in The Gap, I know that there are quite a lot to choose from but which are the ones that are most recommended. Many thanks for your help.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,181 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Restaurants in The Gap

The Restaurant at Southsea, best service on the island

he Ship Inn (cheap bar food available) Harlequin (more pricey) Flying Fish in South Gap hotel is apparently very reasonable, McBride's; (really good food, loads of chicken, very reasonable) Cafe Sol (inexpensive Mexican, again loads of chicken!) Bay Bistro, (inexpensive English and Caribbean dishes) Go the opposite direction for inexpensive chinese, an OK steakhouse, Bean 'n Bagel (inexpensive and good for breakfast too). There's a few more but those are the ones that come to mind. Look here for lots of info and menus for St. Lawrence Gap;

www.thegapbarbados.com

Javon

Fleet, Hampshire
Level Contributor
14 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Restaurants in The Gap

Thanks for your advise I will check the website out cheers

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Restaurants in The Gap

I have stayed at the Bougainvillea for the last 6 years every October or November and eat in the Gap quite often. We like Harlequin for a mid price meal, good choices, English owner Keith. For something special we go to Joseph's, for Pizza go to Bellini's and fish at Pisces. We tend to go out most nights but sometimes we get food from Leroy's van outside the hotel at lunchtime great value and choice, fish rice & peas chicken, and then heat it up in the evening for our meal and then just go out for a drink. Don't miss Leroy's food it's great. We also think that Just Grilling further down the coast oppposite the Accra does great fish at a great price.

London England
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Restaurants in The Gap

All the restaurants in the Gap are good but we tried for the first time this year (after 7 visits) Bay Bistro which is in the Yellow Bird Hotel at the start of the Gap . The food was very good and portions generous . I also liked the vegatables served with the meals as they were a little different to the usual carrots and broccalli that seems the norm . I can thouroghly recommend it and wish I was there now .

uk
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Restaurants in The Gap

I've been raving about this quiet little bistro for a whie, I love it. Glad you too enjoyed it. Great staff, atmosphere, view, prices and really good food.

Melaniey

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,236 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Restaurants in The Gap

I will also recommend Bay Bistro - I managed 3 meals there on my last trip.....I love the Trinbago shrimp curry...yum!

I also like Cafe Sol (Tex Mex), particularly the Shrimp nachos and the raspberry margueritas, Harlequins, Cool Castaways (if they are still doing food).

7. Re: Best Restaurants in The Gap

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2007, 01:53
norfolk
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Restaurants in The Gap

Andy will you please give it up. Does Javon state that the ship only serves bar food?

You use every comment he makes as a stick to beat him with. Every time I open a link and find a comment from Javon, I dread paging down because I just know that you will be there to attack his comments.

Yes he is biased in his view sometimes, and yes he can be overzealous, but this has gone too far in my opinion and has started to become some kind of vendetta.

Please just let things go. We dont need you to protect us.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Restaurants in The Gap

Well said Darrenlois. Correct Javon may have some different opinions to others on this site; however this should not detract from the countless useful comments he posts without prejudice. He is always quick to respond to the numerous questions of "how much is a taxi to ...?" etc etc

Andydoodah or whoever - Until you are prepared to do the donkey work that Javon does for the many people using this site, i would keep your cheap and juvenile comments to yourself. If you are going to comment on here at least make it productive and beneficial to the users.

Regards

Matt

10. Re: Best Restaurants in The Gap

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2007, 01:54