We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which is the better airline to fly with virgin or BMI . . .

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
692 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
which is the better airline to fly with virgin or BMI . . .

travelling with a toddler and a baby.

Both do sky cots/bassinets which will be heaven for my arms !

The price difference is only about £15.

please can I have your opinions on service/in flight entertaiment, friendless/helpfulness of cabin crew both inflight and at the airport.

PMP
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,228 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which is the better airline to fly with virgin or BMI . . .

I can only answer for Virgin. We have flown with them many times and have never had a bad flight (service etc). It may depend upon where you want to fly from!

Depending upon the actual aircraft, some Virgin flights offer a wide variety of films/ entertainment. Their flights usually fly on time. They give children goody bags to keep them entertained.

Are you planning on booking the accommodation separately?

Hope this helps (a bit).

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which is the better airline to fly with virgin or BMI . . .

Hi!

I have flown both - last year Virgin, this year BA, both to Barbados. In my opinion, Virgin has the edge for flight comfort, food, in flight entertainment and helpful employees.

No doubt as many will agree as disagree, but hey ho!

Emelda

Atlantic Shores...
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: which is the better airline to fly with virgin or BMI . . .

Paging Javon...

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
692 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which is the better airline to fly with virgin or BMI . . .

PMP: Yes, I almost always book independantly.

I checked with virgin their prices for a package flight & a weeks stay at CC, and they came up about £2100 for 2 adults, 1 child & 1 infant (total price) which isn't bad, but that was room only.

My price is £1950 total AI package and £1450 room only price (flights are about £1100)

Still shopping around for hotels, considering blue orchid & coral mist too.

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,456 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which is the better airline to fly with virgin or BMI . . .

Hi deedee

I only ever travel with Virgin to Barbados and i would say that the service and help they give to people travelling with liitle -uns is brilliant.

My son & daughter in law are travelling to Cancun in a couple of weeks time with a four month old and a four yr old and they wouldnt travel with anyone else!

Lesley

northampton
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which is the better airline to fly with virgin or BMI . . .

Have flown BA, BMI & Virgin to BGI. Personally prefer BMI from Manchester (more legroom for a start). Don't know how they are with kiddies but they're pretty good with adults.

CHESHIRE
Level Contributor
423 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: which is the better airline to fly with virgin or BMI . . .

BMI from Manchester, planes are immaculate, staff friendly and seemed extremely nice with young children. The economy cabin in the Virgin plane we flew on looked tatty and we were told there were problems with the entertainment system. Having said that they are both reliable airline companies and it is sometimes down to preference. In my experience it it the other passengers who sometimes make life uncomfortable, they think their journey is going to be ruined if a couple with children are seated close by. At the airport you will be at the mercy of the handling agents.

Leigh,Lancs,England
Level Contributor
135 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: which is the better airline to fly with virgin or BMI . . .

I love Virgin having flown 3 times to barbados with them.

I find the posts reassuring as this year we could not get on a virgin flight so reluctantly booked BMI, 33 days to go, not as though we are counting.

Ste

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: which is the better airline to fly with virgin or BMI . . .

Are you still counting mowerLeigh? I make that about 9 days to go now.

We are flyng with BMI from Manchester on 14th and this is our first time with both BMI and visiting Barbados. Can't wait!

Leigh,Lancs,England
Level Contributor
135 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: which is the better airline to fly with virgin or BMI . . .

Hi BillyTP,

we fly out on Mon 16th from Manchester.A party of 6 adults and 3 kids.

We have rebooked a private bungalow on the beach after visiting last year and loving it.

Where are you staying?

Ste

Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish
Recent Conversations