We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changed name

Which Christ Church Parish hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
688 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Changed name

I stayed in the St. Lawreance Gap Apartments a few years ago. I'm pretty sure there was an East Wing and West Wing. I've had a look at the South Gap Ocen Hotel which I think is maybe one of the old wings but not the one I stayed in. Does anyone know what the name of the other Wing is now? Am going a cruise the end of January so would love to come back and see the hotel. Had the best ever pina coladas in that hotel.

Thanks

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changed name

You are correct that St. Lawrence East is now South Gap Ocean Hotel. St. Lawrence West has been sold and is being renovated and turned into privately owned condos...some are still for sale I believe. Unfortunately the bar & restaurant are no longer there to my knowledge.

Sarah

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
688 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changed name

Oh no, was getting so excited about coming to the Gap and having a pina colada or two!! Will maybe just have to go to McBrides then to reminisce!!

Leeds
Level Contributor
570 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Changed name

hy

We too stayed at the St Lawance beach appartments 5 yrs running and were so gutted when it shut down,thanks for letting us know what happened to the place.Do you know who owns the condos now?I havent been back to Barbados since we loved beach appartments the staff were great do you know if the jetty is stil there?

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Changed name

I would imagine the jetty is still there and has been also tarted up. I don't know who's selling the properties but there are still some for sale if you are interested lol

Sarah

Leeds
Level Contributor
570 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Changed name

Best start saving up then ha ha.Maybe watch the sunset again one day with a mountgay rum and coke.Big shame about the appartments.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
688 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Changed name

Just back from my cruise round the Caribbean and visit to Barabdos. Took a taxi from the port to St. Lawrence. The hotel that I stayed in is indeed now condos for sale. Some are still for sale in fact. www.stlawrencebeach.com. The jetty is still there but fenced off. Unfortunately when I was there McBrides wasn't open so popped in to the Ship Inn instead. Nothing much has changed really. The small shop up the road towards the Southern Palms Hotel where we used to shop is even still there.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
643 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Changed name

The St.Lawrence Beach Condos are absolutely gorgeous!Two of my friends stayed in one of the units on the top floor. If you want to buy one, you will have to dig pretty deep in those pockets. Too bad I didn't win that 270 million lottery last weekend!

Connecticut
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Changed name

Are we allowed to visit the grounds? I am interested to know if the dock is still there where you can walk out and see the sunset.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
688 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Changed name

I was able to walk in while I was there. I even went round the back and one of the apartments was open and getting worked on. I wish now that I'd asked to go in and have a look. I think the actual jetty was fenced off now though.

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Changed name

I saw one of the new apartments advertised for rental and although it was a 2-bed, they were renting it as a 1-bed with a sofabed in the living room, because the 2nd bedroom was on th eroad side of the building and suffered from the noise of nearby bars.......maybe that explains why some are still unsold a year on!!!!!

Nicky

Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish