We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats the diff. between these 2 hotels ?

Which Christ Church Parish hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
SF, CA
1 post
Save Topic

Blue Orchids Beach Hotel and the Coral Mist Hotel right next door ?

Why would I want to stay at one as opposed to the other ?

I am thinking of renting the Penthouse at Coral Mist in early December ... Am I better off getting a room at the Blue Orchids instead ?

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,618 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whats the diff. between these 2 hotels ?

I don't think there is much difference between the 2 hotels. Blue Orchids is slightly to the side of the beach whereas Coral Mist has the beach in front. We stayed at Blue Orchids and were happy there, the room was clean and comfortable. I am sure we would have been equally happy at Coral Mist, I don't think there is much to choose between the two. However, the Penthouse does sound nice and I think you would be happy if you chose that. Good luck.

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whats the diff. between these 2 hotels ?

I think you may have left it a bit late to book for this Dec.Good luck though - but do remember that these hotels, loved by many, are not luxurious 5* they are fairly basic & on a busy main road on a nice beach & near all the "nightlife" - if that's what you want.

Salisbury UK
Level Contributor
432 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whats the diff. between these 2 hotels ?

You won't go far wrong with either hotel as they are both excellent value for money and the rooms are very similar.

JTD .......... They do not pretend to be 5* hotels and certainly do not charge 5* prices either. I would hardly call them basic as the rooms are very nice with fully equipped kitchens and you won't find any cleaner rooms in any hotel in Barbados 5* or not.

I know from your previous comments that you seem to think anyone who stays at either hotel is slumming it although they are on a very nice beach and in walking distance from good restaurants and amenities. I know you don't like the South but many many people do and return time and time again to these hotels.

Ozworth go for either hotel and enjoy Regards Dave

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whats the diff. between these 2 hotels ?

Ahh - welcome back Dave,I believe I said that people love these hotels - I don't believe I said anything actually negative about them either ,what I did say was they are not luxurious 5* places something we agree on - & is also true that they are on a busy road in a busy area near the nightlife. What concerns me if that when someone chooses a hotel they may not be aware of it's location,not geographically but in the context of it's surroundings ,ie. if someone went to a hotel on H7 expecting it to be in a quiet isolated peaceful location they would get a bit of a shock don't you think? If I upset one or two loyal followers of a paricular property well, too bad they know the place & are happy to go there ,what I don't want to happen is for someone to go to a hotel that is not what they expect & then geta negative experience of Barbados.

You are correct in saying I am not a lover of the Gap area, it is not what I want in a holiday. If others like that sort of busy atmosphere great - enjoy - I just want to ensure they are getting what they think they have booked.

I still think it's a bit late to book rooms for Dec this year.

Salisbury UK
Level Contributor
432 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Whats the diff. between these 2 hotels ?

So there is a road behind the hotels......so what. When you are on your balcony the only view you have is an unspoilt, uncrowded sandy beach and the ocean and that is what most of us a looking for when we visit Barbados isn't it? You don't have to pay 5* prices to achieve that.

The hotel is not situated in the Gap and there is no reason to walk the 10 to 15 minutes to it if you are not looking for that sort of entertainment. There are other restaurants and bars in the other direction and the beaches are also superb.

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whats the diff. between these 2 hotels ?

As I said they are not 5* they are on a nice beach on a busy road in a busy area this is all true - as long as potential visitors realise this when booking that's fine.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
999 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Whats the diff. between these 2 hotels ?

The Coral Mist may be rated as a 2-star hotel but it was definitely was a 5-star to us during our stay in Jan/Feb 2007.

Enjoy.

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,167 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Whats the diff. between these 2 hotels ?

JTD

If people are looking at BO/CM then they are not looking for 5* hotels.

What BO/CM do offer is fantastic value for money and they are much better than their rating. Yes, they are right on the road, but you don't notice it from BO and not from CM once you are inthe room or on the beach. Whilst the road runs outside, the area isn't exactly "busy" - yes, Mojos is down the street and Champers a 2 min walk, but the remainder is a residential area and certainly not the Gap.

Yes, I have stayed there and have booked again for next year, but I have stayed at a lot of other hotels on the island and these two represent excellent value for money.

Ozworth

To answer your original questions, tghe two hotels are owned by brothers and have separate receptions, but share all other facilities. If you look at the photo gallery on either of their websites, and look at the aerial photo, Coral ist is the 2 beach-front blocks and Blue Orchids as on the headland.

I like CM because it is beachfront, but have never yet stayed at BO, don't think I would have a problem with it though.

Hope that helps, but if you need any further info just PM me or post here

Nicky

Guildford
Level Contributor
434 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Whats the diff. between these 2 hotels ?

Twice today I have found myself agreeing with JTD.

Firstly about Rum Shops, and secondly about first time visitors needing to have the correct expectations of their accomodations.

I think I'd better have a lie down!

E.

Ireland
Level Contributor
41 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Whats the diff. between these 2 hotels ?

For some reason every time JTD posts on here recently people tend to get their back up for no apparent reason.

I thought his post was fairly informative and by no means damning of these hotels,as I found the majority of his posts.

Keep it up JTD

Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish