We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather - end of May/early June

Dublin
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Topic
Weather - end of May/early June

Hoping to travel end of May/early June to Barbados for the first time and wonder what to expect from the weather at that time of year as any weather chart I see the rain level seems to increase hugely once you hit June.

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather - end of May/early June

The first time we went was end May/beg of June & the weather was gorgeous. On the 1st of June we had a couple of really heavy showers in the daytime. We just went swimming & it soon cleared. It was still very hot.

In the evening when we went to Oistins it REALLY rained. Then the next day it was back to being beautiful sunshine.

I really think you shouldn't worry about it as it's not at all like our rain = It does know when to stop & it's warm rain!!

Dublin
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather - end of May/early June

Verderose - Thanks for the reassurance - do you have any accommodation recommedations - looking at Southern Palms and Acra Beach Hotels but would welcome any additional suggestions. Thanks

west sussex
Level Contributor
122 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather - end of May/early June

Good afternoon xmastraveller.

Southern Palms a great little hotel .

Great beach ,friendly staff,good atmosphere and very relaxed .We found this hotel to be great value for money and was our first time experience of staying in Barbados non AI so really liked this hotel. I would go back tomorrow if i could get time off of work.

If you have any more questions drop us a Line .

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
394 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather - end of May/early June

Hi Xmas-Traveller,

We are from Dublin also heading to Barbados on the 31st May for 3 weeks!! We have been there every year since 1999.

Are you travelling with kids or just adults??

We have stayed in Southern Palms before, rooms are small and compact but ok if there are only 2 going!

Have a look at this!! www.barbados.org/stlaw-accommodation.htm it will show you most of the hotels in the "Gap" area.

If you need anymore info PM me!!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
394 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather - end of May/early June

Oh yeah I ment to say.....There is 11 of us heading over!! We are staying at Butterfly Beach very reasonable price, plus we got 20% off room rate as we know the manager!!

Ballymun, Dublin
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather - end of May/early June

Howya Holidayrep!!

We are also from Dublin and heading to Barbados around the same time as ye!!

There is about 30 of us heading over for 10 days or more if we get into trouble!!

We got bored of Santa Ponsa and me mate tinks that Barbados rocks!

We hope that we can meet over there, I heard there is a rocking irish bar, do ye know what de Guinness is like??

How far is the Butterfly beach from Southern Palms cause thats where we are based.

If I pm ye can you give me some details on the local ladies....Wink Wink

Thanks

Santa Ponsa Crew!!!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
394 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather - end of May/early June

Hi Santa Ponsa

There seems to be a load of Irish going around that time!! Did you get the special deal from Trailfinders?

The Irish Bar is called McBrides and the Guinness is foreign extra strength, not the nicest! I dont know if they do real draft but i'm sure you will find out.

The Butterfly beach is about 20 mins walk from the Southern Palms.

To be honest I dont really know what the local ladies are like as i'm married.

Holidayrep

manchester
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather - end of May/early June

Hi Holiday Rep, please beware of Santa Ponsa crew as i have had the unfortunate pleasure meeting these rag-tag bunch of !$%?J*ers! was staying in same resort last year! please pm me for forther info!! you and your lovelly family will benifit greatly from staying at a great distance from these "people"? talk soon!!!!

9. Re: Weather - end of May/early June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 12:21
Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish
Recent Conversations