We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best dining on south coast?

Which Christ Church Parish hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best dining on south coast?

To plan for our six dinners while staying in south coast area (we want to avoid longer taxi rides to west coast), what (six) restaurants are the best for fish and Italian? Considering Southsea, Champers, Pisces, Aqua, Luigi's, Asiago, Bellini, Josef's, Wispers?

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,979 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best dining on south coast?

I always enjoy Champers. Consider Cafe Luna at little Arches too another very highly rated restaurant on the south coast, Emma

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best dining on south coast?

I too love Champers and Southsea (more expensive).We have also had nice meals atPisces, Bellini's and Josef's. I haven't tried Aqua but loved it for the setting when it was the old Champers.

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best dining on south coast?

Dunno 'bout the type of food as I have not been but 'Wispers' has great reviews,Mr&Mrs Rockley & also "JPRKJR" have been I trust their judgement.

St. albert,Alberta
Level Contributor
918 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best dining on south coast?

We loved Champers and didn't get around to it, but heard wonderful things about Davids (right at the entrance to the Gap)

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best dining on south coast?

We didn't have a very nice meal at David's Place. Maybe we were unlucky but there weren't many people there and the food was nothing special.

northampton
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best dining on south coast?

David's was up for sale last year. Don't know if it was sold. If not, maybe decline is due to lack of incentive. If it was, maybe lack of chef.

Could be a good investment for all you budding Jamie Olivers out there. 2.5m US - a snip.

Admittedly, Wispers hasn't been going as long as the other restaurants mentioned but I have not yet seen a bad review. As I've said before, I think, overall, for food, surroundings, service - best I've had anywhere (and not just Barbados). PoohWestSussex quite liked it too.

west sussex
Level Contributor
122 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best dining on south coast?

Hello , here I am flying the wispers flag thanks to Mr Rockley. Wispers great and amazing just don't get me started ,wish it was on my door step.

A huge must to visit is wispers put it on your list !!!!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
999 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best dining on south coast?

We loved Champers and really liked Belinis however there is one place that never get's mention that we really enjoyed.

Of course in saying this the name escapes me (it's in my Coral Mist review). It's located on the same road as the Big M supermarket and is a combination Thai/Indian restaurant. It had beautiful grounds, authentic artifacts and atmosphere and wonderful food (if you like Thai or Indian of course).

We found the restaurant on our last day in Barbados and opted to cancel dinner at the Little Arches to try it out. We were not disappointed to say the least.

Dan

uk
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best dining on south coast?

I am also giving top vote to wispers - without the recommendations from other people on here would never have found wispers or cafe luna

wispers

cafe luna

champers

brown sugar

restaurant at southsea

oceans - dont know if its still called that - above what used to be jamrock cafe-now jumblies?

St. albert,Alberta
Level Contributor
918 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best dining on south coast?

The restaurant Tanner mentioned is called "Apsara". Its behind the Shell gas station on Worthing Rd.

Its a wonderful choice! We discovered it on our second last night and loved the food so much, we went back on our last night.