We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accra beach to st lawrence gap

Which Christ Church Parish hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
northern ireland
Level Contributor
76 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
accra beach to st lawrence gap

hi

I was just wondering if st lawrence gap is within walking distance from the accra beach hotel? if not which transport method would be best.

every websit says something different regarding this.

many thanks

Hampshire UK
Level Contributor
4,128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accra beach to st lawrence gap

Probably a bit far especially along the busy road with poor pavements & that's just going never mind coming back!

uk
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accra beach to st lawrence gap

Buses run along this main road all the time (only few minutes drive to the top of the Gap)

You could walk it but as JTD says - pavements not too good and road very busy - wouldnt advise in the dark

Ontario
Level Contributor
711 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accra beach to st lawrence gap

It took two middle aged, lazy people about 20 minutes to walk from Rockley to The Gap. Sidewalk is VERY narrow in some spots.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accra beach to st lawrence gap

I've taken this walk in under 20 minutes on several occasions. While I do enjoy taking this walk after a meal in the Gap, I wouldn't suggest that you do this too late at night or after a lot of drinking.

Nottingham, England
Level Contributor
228 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: accra beach to st lawrence gap

Hi

We walked it there and back during our stay from Coral mist (not far from Accra) - it took about 15 mins each way. The pavements do get narrow in places but were not a real problem. After the nature reserve it looks a bit dodgy for a few hundred yards, but the police station is there and we never felt uncomfortable (in fact, at any point during our stay :-))

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: accra beach to st lawrence gap

I would suggest you get on one of the small white vans that will no doubt sound their horns as you walk out of the hotel they will drop you off right on the edge of the gap. or turn right out of Accra Beach and cross road you will find a bus stop a short way down. Hop on and hop off what could be simpler.

St. albert,Alberta
Level Contributor
906 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: accra beach to st lawrence gap

We did the walk several times, morning and night, with our kids. It's really not that far and its great exercise (especially after a big meal)

8. Re: accra beach to st lawrence gap

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 11:18