We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

halloween in barbados?

engand
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
halloween in barbados?

heyy all :)

im in barbados at the casurina hotel for halloween this year.. and was just wondering. wil there be any celebrations on?

xx

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,263 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: halloween in barbados?

Some of the night spots will have dress up Halloween parties, maybe with special spooky drinks and stuff. I haven't heard any ads yet though.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,758 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: halloween in barbados?

Lucky for you it's a Friday night. Barbados hasn't been Keen on holloween except in the last few years. and usually they to a dress up thing but on the Friday or Saturday night closest to the actual date..

I haven't seen anything either, but I'm sure one of us locals will keep you posted.

Nr. Winchester...
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: halloween in barbados?

Most Bajans are quite religious I don't think they really approve, could be wrong but like Brits they don't really "do" Halloween.

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: halloween in barbados?

I think Surfers Bay (just south of Oistins, about 3 miles from your hotel) is having a big party on Halloween night. Should be good!

south east
Level Contributor
919 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: halloween in barbados?

we were in Barbados for Halloween one year when my son was quite young. He was really excited and dressed up. He and a few other kids went trick or treating at the hotel we were staying at, but the response was very poor, and the kids were all very disappointed. The hotel didn't lay anything on for the evening, and it really was very much a non-event. He never bothered after that! This year we fly back on Halloween, so he could always try it on the plane I suppose!!

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: halloween in barbados?

When I was there last year over Halloween, none of the local kids in our gap, knew what Halloween was-they really don't make a big deal about it in BGI.

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,263 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: halloween in barbados?

We don't do door to door trick or treating here, except in a few private neighbourhoods (like ours). My kids really enjoy it, but we only go to houses in the area that have agreed beforehand to participate. Halloween here is more of a dress up party thing rather than a door to door candy thing. There have always been adult and teen Halloween parties, even back in the 80s when I was a teen.There will be a party on somewhere - it's just a matter of finding it! Nearer the time there will be ads. Facebook might even set up a group for one. I'll keep an eye out. So if you'd like to join in, bring a costume, because you won't find many here other than the usual witches hats, pirate swords etc. i.e. there won't be much variety.

If you do want to find costume items, Woolworth in Bridgetown usually has a few things.

Litchfield...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: halloween in barbados?

i was in barbados last year on halloween and there wasn't really anything going on.

we hung out in the gap and didn't see anyone in costume. but as the PP said,a couple of clubs had things going on.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,758 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: halloween in barbados?

totallybarbados.com/barbados/…6732.htm

Check out this function. Based on the location, should be a great time.

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,263 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: halloween in barbados?

There's also a party at the Old Fort, at the Hilton Hotel. Below are the details copied and pasted from an e-mail I received:

It is our pleasure to present the first annual all-inclusive Bajan Halloween lime at the Old Fort, Hilton on the Friday 31st October, 2008 from 8pm - til.

There will be two packages available:

- Bds $100 inclusive of all beverages

- Bds $150 VIP Lounge area which will include champagne all night in addition to a full bar, private seating and Pu-Pu Platter. Limited space is available for the this area and it is recommended that you book in advance.

Please find attached flyer.

It will be the spookiest night …..Remember what happens at The Fort, Stays at The Fort!!!

Happy Spooking!!!!

Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish
Recent Conversations