We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bougainvillea

ottawa
Level Contributor
162 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Bougainvillea

Hello,

As I mentioned before on this post that I am waiting on a request I have had in for Bougainvillea - I was informed today via email by Club Intrawest/RCI that apparently this resort has been "frozen" maybe because of construction, presale?? I think that they may have been thinking of another resort Divi Soutwinds. Is anyone else on this forum aware of this? Many thanks.

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bougainvillea

We just stayed at Bougainvillea Beach last week and there is no construction going on there. I'm not quite sure why they would tell you this is "frozen" - I've never heard of that through RCI previously.

Possibly the club you are trading from does not have a high enough standing with RCI to allow you to trade into there?

Usually it is quite difficult to get a trade there. If you ask for the Sand Acres portion of Bougainvillea Beach it is lovely, all updated with lots of marble and fully air-conditioned in living room and bedroom. You might like this - we did.

Lois

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,587 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bougainvillea

Can't imagine what the problem is. Club Intrawest are very high value and can be traded into all RCI and other high end hotels and resorts. Did CI not give you any other explanation?

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,652 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bougainvillea

One possibility is Intrawest was close to filing for bankruptcy due to the ongoing world credit crisis. They had to renew some funding and were having difficulties finding what they needed. Just key in Intrawest in the Globe and Mail website and you'll find the story. Fortunately they got the funding so things should unfreeze, if that was the reason.

Suggest you call Intrwest and ask them about the "freeze" and see what they say.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,587 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bougainvillea

Spoke to some people more knowledgeable about timeshare, and they thought that RCI had been converting Bougainvillea to a points system instead of weeks and it wasn't very successful, so maybe they have just taken this resort out of the points system and it's not available to CI.

5. Re: Bougainvillea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish
Recent Conversations