We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wildlife Reserve closed down?

UK
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Wildlife Reserve closed down?

Did I read correctly onhere that one of the wildlife reserves has closed down?

Do we know why? I was looking forward to going :(

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
368 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wildlife Reserve closed down?

The small but lovely Graeme Hall nature reserve in Christchurch has / is closing down this month I believe which is very sad as we enjoyed our day there last year.

However, as far as I am aware, the much larger Barbados wildlife reserve which is in St Peter is still open. Below is a link to their website.

http://www.barbadosmonkey.org/

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,612 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wildlife Reserve closed down?

Yes the Barbados Wildlife Reserve is open, we were there 3 months ago. Graeme Hall was closed though which is a shame as I walked past it several times - much closer than the Wildlife Reserve if you're staying in the Gap.

NOTTINGHAM
Level Contributor
18 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wildlife Reserve closed down?

Having just returned from Barbados I can confirm that this reserve has closed for the time being,having ran in to financial difficulties.The Government are looking to take over and run it in the near future.

south east
Level Contributor
923 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wildlife Reserve closed down?

Are you saying the Barbados Wildlife Reserve (where you can see green monkeys) is closed, or the Graeme Hall Reserve in the south of the island?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wildlife Reserve closed down?

Well. This is news to me. It was open during my last visit. I wouldn't be surprised if the wildlife reserve was closed due to budget cuts. If you search through various threads of the forum, you'll see that there are many places to see the green monkeys and other forms of animal life.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,612 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wildlife Reserve closed down?

The Barbados Wildlife Reserve was definitely open when we were there 3 weeks ago (not 3 months as I put in my previous post) but Graeme Hall was closed.

NOTTINGHAM
Level Contributor
18 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wildlife Reserve closed down?

The Graeme Hall Reserve.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wildlife Reserve closed down?

Just to reiterate...the Wildlife Reserve in St. Lucy is OPEN and the Grame Hall Sanctuary in Worthing,Christ Church, is currently closed - hope it will re-open in the near future.

Sarah

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wildlife Reserve closed down?

Scary, thanks for clarification!

Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
91 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wildlife Reserve closed down?

That's sad...I took a walk from my hotel through the ST. Lawrence Gap and came across the reserve...it was a beautiful surprise. What a shame.

Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish
Recent Conversations