We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excursions

Which Christ Church Parish hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mill Hall...
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Excursions

If you went back to Barbados and could only do two excursions - which ones would you pick and why?

Thanks

Andy Pa.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,428 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excursions

Well we only went on one and that was the Adventureland jeep safari but I'd definitely recommend it as you went on roads that were impossible to get to by car and saw an awful lot of the island too.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,161 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excursions

I love the 4x4 Safari too! The Atlantis Sub is also worth doing. Check out the things to do tab on the left of the page to get some more ideas...

Connecticut
Level Contributor
197 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excursions

1 - Tiami Catamaran Cruise

2 - Tiami Catamaran Cruise

Why = Great food, great crew, great snorkeling

Mill Hall...
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Excursions

Thank you - is the snokling really fantastic> - Mecico was a bust?

NewBrunswick
Level Contributor
147 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excursions

Not sure where you're staying but we stayed at the Bougainvilla in Christ Church and hired a driver names Eddie to take us around the island for a day. This was far better than the organized tours in my opinion (we did the Adventureland Jeep Safari as well). Eddie is out in front of the Boug everyday and also services other hotels in the area. He's a great guy. The trip cost us $150 US for the whole day. He has a nice SUV and will take you wherever you want to go. It was awesome!!

Cheers!

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,159 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excursions

Cool Runnings catamaran

Island Safari 4x4 trip

Both great days out and good fun. See different views of the island.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excursions

As far as land tours, Glory Tours, Safari and Adventureland are all pretty good experiences and they get rave reviews. Safari and Adventureland's excursions go off road (using Jeeps and 4X4s), so you see some interesting out of the way sights. Beware, these off-road tours can be bumpy! The excursions start from morning around 8:30 or 9:00 or so and wrap up at 4pm or 4:30. Meals are included.

Another option, which is a great one, is to have a private tour guide take you around in your own "custom designed tour." As one poster mentioned above. For folks who are a bit more familiar with the island, or who have done some reading about it may prefer this because you can improvise and aren't bound to follow a group agenda/schedule. It's also a way of supporting independent operators and micro-businesses on the island.

If you conducted a forum search of "Tours" or "Glory Tours" for example you will get a ton of commentary and reviews of each.

turrifik
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Excursions

hey NBJenny,

is there an easy way to contact eddie about setting up a 4x4 tour this sunday (i.e., phone #, email, etc.)?

I can't wait to get to barbados and tour the island!

Dennis

turrifik
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Excursions

Does anyone have any other affordable recommendations and contact info for car or 4x4 island tours?

We are just waiting at a lounge in toronto. our flight leave in 30 minutes. :-D

D

Mill Hall...
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Excursions

Hi Andy,

The cost of a soft top jeep (auto with a/c) will be $ 262.50 USD - all

charges included.

Please let me know if you would like to confirm this ?

Regards,

David

-----Original Message-----

From: Web-Comments@stoutescar.com [mailto:Web-Comments@stoutescar.com]

Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2009 3:58 PM

To: info@stoutescar.com

Subject:

Name: andy

Email: arogala@embarqmail.com

Can you lower price for total rental to under $350 US dollars. thanks