We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near Bougainvillea

Barnegat, New Jersey
Level Contributor
153 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants near Bougainvillea

I will be staying at the Bougainvillea and was wondering what moderately priced restaurants were nearby. I will not have a car so will be relying on taxis. I am interested in restaurants with outdoor seating and overlooking the water. Thanks for any and all help.

London, United...
Level Contributor
249 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants near Bougainvillea

I will be staying at the Bougainvillea too - and I would also be interested in the above - so please respond all of you who have been before!!

ottawa
Level Contributor
162 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants near Bougainvillea

HI,

My husband and I are staying there as well this week and my co-worker who goes each year has told me about Champers restaurant on the water which I think is not too far away by cab - we will be taking cabs as well!!!As well people on this forum talk about St. Lawrence Gap restaurants being close. One lady mentioned McBrides being a good one.

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,715 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants near Bougainvillea

McBrides was my favourite restaurant in the Gap - though we did only eat at the cheaper places.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,384 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants near Bougainvillea

You can walk from the Bougainvillea to the Gap (along the beach to Dover and then on the road (quiet one not much traffic) which I'd do in the day but, personlly, wouldn't do at night. You could walk along the main road but it's not that pleasant an experience - better to get a bus or ZR (1.5 BDS) or a taxi. There's plenty of choice of restaurants there to suit all budgets. There's a van that stops outside the hotel at lunchtimes and there is an Italian restaurant near the hotel too (can't remember the name but somebody will).

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
435 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants near Bougainvillea

There are two outdoor restaurants overlooking the water on site at Bougainvillea.

NewBrunswick
Level Contributor
147 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants near Bougainvillea

Here are my faves and all are a short cab ride away.

Louigi's-Excellent Italian food; reasonably priced ($75 US for 2 apps, 2 entrees and wine); can sit outside

Bellini's-a more high-end Italian restuarant; call early to reserve a seat by the water; the atmosphere was nice here but I prefer Louigi's

McBride's-great pub food; cheap ($45 US for 2)

Cafe Sol-Mexican food; 2 for 1 daiquiri's on Wednesday nights (I think); priced about the same as McBride's

LeRoy's food van-Bajan food; parks across the street from the Boug at lunch time Monday-Friday; $7 US for a huge portion of awesome food!

Paradise Pizza is good for take-out/delivery too :)

Enjoy!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
112 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants near Bougainvillea

Fish shacks at Oistins - 5 mins by bus or you could walk it. Some are open all week - best one in the middle always with long queues - and all are open at the Fish Fry evening on Fridays. You can take your meal and sit on benches by the sea. 25 bds for huge portion of fish, potatoes and salad.

england
Level Contributor
552 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants near Bougainvillea

Champers is excellent and you can sit overlooking the beach, so fits that request.

Southern Palms, you can eat in the bar area, right next to the little wall that seperates the beach from the bar. Beautiful setting and good food.

Obskewers in Oistins, if you can get the table by the open french doors at the back , that is also right on the water. Have only been there during the day time though so don't know what it is like at night.

All of these are a very short distance from Bourganvillea'

Have a good time and let us know how you got on.

9. Re: Restaurants near Bougainvillea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2009, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish