We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Roti

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
177 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Good Roti

Off to Worthing Beach and wondering if anyone can recommend somewhere to get a good curry & roti?

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,659 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Roti

Ackee Tree, just west of Bubbas on the north side of the main highway.

Supercentre

Chefette also has some good roti.

You can also put roti in the seach box and you'll find a lot of other info.

Enjoy

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,291 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Roti

Flyish Fish at the Yellow Bord hotel does a good "Trinibago curry", you can order it as hot as you like.

For roti, my faves are Mr Delicious van at Miami/Enterprise beach and the Indian Grill towards Bridgetown.

camberley uk
Level Contributor
229 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Roti

Ackee tree is excellent and serves Dhal Pouri for roti skins

Just a little further on towards Bridgetown is an outside Big Johns where you can get a skin made of dhal pouri for an extra dollar.

Both are a short walk along the highway from Worthing beach.

Suburb of Toronto
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Roti

I wasn't fortunate to sample some of the other suggestions during our recent stay but since I consider myself a roti hound, I felt I should jump in and second the recommendation of the Ackee Tree which is just up the road from Worthing in Coconut Walk/Hastings. Ackee Tree, to quote them, is "The Home of of the One Pound Roti" where you can choose from a myriad of seafood, meat or vegetable fillings. The dhalpuri roti skins are nice and thin the way I like em! Reasonable too - 2 chicken & potato roti came to $28b.

On the way to Ackee Tree from Worthing Beach you'll pass Chefette which does have rotis but IMO they don't hold a candle to the Ackee Tree. To each their own though.

BTW for Ontario roti fans, I highly recommend Chandra's in Mississauga (Maingate/Eglinton) - try the jerk chicken roti.

Bon Appetit!

Manitoba
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Roti

Chefette's Rotis aren't as good as they used to be. The chicken and potato Roti is practically 99% potato.

stoughton,ma
Level Contributor
255 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good Roti

is the ackee tree within walking distance of accra beach. we always go to cheffette for a roti but would like to try somewhere else for a change. when we leave is it toward bridgetown or oistins.

steve

camberley uk
Level Contributor
229 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good Roti

Ackee Tree is 5-10 minutes walk from from Accra Beach - go towards Bridgetown on highway 7 and it's on the right side of the road.

stoughton,ma
Level Contributor
255 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good Roti

thank you. another perfect day in paradise...accra beach and rotis!!

steve

9. Re: Good Roti

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish