We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Little Arches or somewhere else

Alabama
Level Contributor
108 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Little Arches or somewhere else

We have never been to Barbados. We are going for our anniversary July 2010 for 7 nights 8 days. Looking for a romantic place to stay with nice beach, beautiful water, great food (seafood for hubby I'm a chicken, beef & veggie person) and easy access to go site seeing. I looked at little Arches but am open to suggestions Please help me!!!!!!

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
3,066 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Little Arches or somewhere else

It really depends on what you want. The reviews for Little Arches are wonderful which really impressed me. There are some beautiful properties there and every range of types of hotel. I lived there for 3 yrs and used to put my official visitors in the Coral Sands and the Bougenvillia. Do you want resort or do you want quiet? Do you want all inclusive or do you want flexibility? I'm staying in the Little Arches in June and I am very excited. They have been very responsive to all my emails and requests.

I chose the LA because of the reviews and size. I want quiet and relaxation as well as a nice romantic spot. This place seems to fit the bill.

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Little Arches or somewhere else

I think you will find what you are looking for at any of the following:

Treasure Beach

Cobblers Cove

The Sandpiper

Coral Reef Club

They are all west coast and on great beaches, with great restaurants, excellent service and convenient to other fabulous restaurants and some shopping.

Little Arches is very private, but it's quite far from most things and the beach is a 2 minute walk from the hotel.

Lois

Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
1,061 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Little Arches or somewhere else

For a honeymoon it almost doesn't matter. You could probably pick one of 25 places and any would be equally memorable. For my honeymoon 20+ years ago I stayed at Crane Beach and Sandpiper (because I couldn't make up my mind either) and both were memorable for different reasons, but looking back on it now I was overthinking it just like you are. Ultimately it will be more about the time spent on the island, the sites, and random odd things that you shared together. I think the best thing we did was to get a rental car for a week and just went with the flow. Pick any reputable hotel, rent a car, and just go.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Little Arches or somewhere else

I've had friends stay at Little Arches and they loved the place. I've taken a tour of the facility and I was impressed by the uniquely appointed, charming rooms and wonderful service . It's a stone's throw from Oistin and a few yard to Miami (Enterprise) Beach. My only drawback to Little Arches is the low flying aircraft descending right over the hotel can be a little daunting to see and hear at first. I do imagine that you will get used to this after a day or so.

5. Re: Little Arches or somewhere else

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish
Recent Conversations