We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transfers

New York
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Transfers

Hi All,

I am going to Barbados in a week and was wondering if I should book airport transfers before I get there....there are some islands where I know it'snot necessary but was wondering from the pros....

Anyone know any good airport transfer companies and what is the going rate?

Thanks!

barbados
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Transfers

no need to book transfers.. plenty of taxis at the airport and the rates are set

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,505 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Transfers

Don't waste your time. Taxi rates are fixed by the government. Look for the taxi fare list as you walk out the airport. Then go to a taxi supervisor, ask for a taxi and the price. Then when you get your taxi ask the price and if it differs with what you were told, tell the driver the price in Barbados dollars as quoted. Not US dollars, Barbados dollars.

Easy, quick, safe.

Enjoy Barbados

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,167 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Transfers

It seems that, on the whole, prebooked transfers (especially via a big hotel) are more expensive than simply taking a taxi from the airport.

As previously mentioned, rates are pre-set and listed at the airport - but do just double check with the driver and ensure you are talking the same currency :O)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Transfers

I arranged a taxi with the folks who I rented the villa from. $60 USD to Fitts Village. OUCH. I found some nice clean taxi vans (5 of us) with polite and safe drivers and they are charging between 60 or 75 barbados for my return to the airport. That's half price. I agree with the other replies that prearranged is more expensive.

New York City, New...
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Transfers

How expensive are the taxis?

New York City, New...
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Transfers

How expensive are the taxis? We live in NYC, are they more or less than here?

Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,530 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Transfers

It cost us $18 usd to get from the airport to Worthing Court Apartment Hotel, in Christ Church

8. Re: Airport Transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish
Recent Conversations