We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best reasonable places to eat In st Lawrence Gap

high wycombe bucks
Level Contributor
150 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Best reasonable places to eat In st Lawrence Gap

Hi, We are going to a wedding and staying at Southern Palms St Lawrence Gap in August. We are travelling with a 2 year old as well and can anyone help with places to eat and drink that are erasonable in that area and suitable for a little one. Thanks.

Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best reasonable places to eat In st Lawrence Gap

Across the street from Southern Palms is Happy Days which does breakfast and lunch which is very reasonable and might be the best for the buck in the Gap. At the opposite end of the Gap is Flying Fish at Yellow Bird Hotel which costs a little more and does breakfast, lunch and dinner. Flying Fish does have a very nice view of the water though if dining with a view on a budget is important.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,504 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best reasonable places to eat In st Lawrence Gap

Cafe Sol - http://www.cafesolbarbados.com/ - They have a gringo menu and a children's menu.

The Ship's Inn - http://shipinnbarbados.com/ - They have a children's menu

Salt Lake City
Level Contributor
375 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best reasonable places to eat In st Lawrence Gap

Two of the places we ate in the Gap that were good and resonably priced were Mcbrides Pub and Sweet Potatoes. Keep in mind that your in island time when in Mcbrides as nothing will come quickly.

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,663 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best reasonable places to eat In st Lawrence Gap

Also check out Harlequin - nice menu and affordable.

Cambridge, UK
Level Contributor
100 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best reasonable places to eat In st Lawrence Gap

Hello

I’d second Mcbrides it’s one of my favourite places to eat in the gap. http://www.mcbridesbarbados.com/

You could also consider Pun De Grill which is in the Gap, I’ve not seen a website for them but they are on facebook. www.facebook.com/group.php… I’ve only eaten there once but had a very nice meal.

I know you were looking for restaurants in the Gap, but you could hop on a bus and go to Oistins for a cheap and very tasty dinner I love Pats during the week and Uncle Georges on a Friday and Saturday.

Or you could hop on the bus the other way to Rockley Quayside and go to Just Grillin http://www.justgrillinbarbados.com/ – another tasty cheap place to eat – you could follow this up with a nice Ice cream from Chilly Moo’s  www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=24643382995

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,211 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best reasonable places to eat In st Lawrence Gap

I would second Cafe Sol and Flying Fish. I also like Harlequin, but it is more expensive. Wouldn't personally recommend Sweet Potatoes, as we had an awful meal there.

If you can get out and about, I would thoroughly recommend Just Grillin at the Quayside Centre, Shakers (turn off the main road at Bubba's, keep going til you see the Chicken Delight sign, turn left and it is on your right - fantastic food for very reasonable prices), BBQ Barn (great chicken and salad bar) and Oistins (but probably best to avoid Friday's if yoiu have a 2 year old.)

Altoona...
Level Contributor
254 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best reasonable places to eat In st Lawrence Gap

Definitely try Happy Days for breakfast. Did quite a few of them there in Feb. Right across the street from Southern Palms is St. Lawrence Pizza and Grill and they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. I did a few breakfasts and a few dinners there and they were good and reasonably priced and for you, very convenient location-wise. Enjoy your time there!

Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,494 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best reasonable places to eat In st Lawrence Gap

We would third Cafe Sol.......went there twice on our last trip

high wycombe bucks
Level Contributor
150 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best reasonable places to eat In st Lawrence Gap

Thanl you all very much for your suggestions. Been very helpful as we know have a good idea of where to go for breakfasts and dinners.

Gilly

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,358 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best reasonable places to eat In st Lawrence Gap

Gilly,

See my post to you on the Southern Palms thread.

I thought of another good and cheap place to eat - that is the Chinese restaurant above the St Lawrence Grill. Very good value for money and the cheapest rum and cokes in the Gap we found last time (4.5 BDS). I have heard good things about the Jade Garden (also Chinese) but haven't been myself. Both do takeaways and the St Lawrence Grill does take away pizzas etc too if you just want to sit on your balcony.

A word of warning about Cafe Sol ... I like the food and always go there but if you are outside of happy hour the drinks can be pricey ... 8 or 9 BDS per rum and coke which is above average. It all mounts up!

Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish