We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coral Mist/Coral Sand/Little Arches

Lakeville...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Coral Mist/Coral Sand/Little Arches

Hi all...so I have removed the Crane from our list due mostly to the AC issues.

Based on popularity, the Corals and Little Arches seem the best for value of money and proximity to beach

We want beachfront, intimate. We will 100% rent a car to get around and prepare some food in the unit

The calm quiet beachfront is my biggest priority.

Thoughts on the 3 resorts?

Thanks

Kim

Canada
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coral Mist/Coral Sand/Little Arches

The beach at Coral Mist is very narrow at high tide and it can get very rough although there is good area that is calmer a short walk down the beach. The beach at Coral Sands is protected by a reef and the swimming is fine there...don't know what the south coast erosion has done to that beach but it used to be very nice. Of the two I would take the Coral Sands beach. in fact we have sometimes walked down/up to Coral Sands beach from Coral Mist to swim there last February. Don't know about the other beach at Little Arches.

Lakeville...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coral Mist/Coral Sand/Little Arches

Thank you very much for the feedback.

Kim

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,237 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coral Mist/Coral Sand/Little Arches

If you are looking for calm, then (sadly) I would discount Coral Mist, as the sea there can be quite rough.

The sea at Coral Sands (which is within sight of Coral Mist) is much calmer as the previous poster said, there is a reef there. At Little Arches you are across from Miami/Enterprise beach which has the best of both worlds - the water can be a bit wavy there, but there is a sheltered area at the far end of the beach where it is nice and calm.

Of the 3 beaches, I would have to say that Miami is my favourite (even though I am a regular at Coral Mist).

One thing I would point out is there is quite a difference in price between Coral Mist and the other two you have chosen, and whilst I would stay at any of the 3, CS and LA are higher level accommodation. CM is lovely though and I think it is excellent value for money, which is why I stay there!

Atlantic Shores...
Level Contributor
2,130 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Coral Mist/Coral Sand/Little Arches

Enterprise/Miami beach would provide the best beach. It's in great shape. Note that Little Arches is across a small, local road from the beach.

You can get a view of the hotel's location on the road at the very beginning of this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17O0GQj3Fug

Here is video of the beach: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsO3VeELm_A

Also, if you wish to cook in your room there, you would need to specify one of the oceanfront suites (#1 or #2) or #10, which is in the garden. The other rooms have refrigerators but no cooking facilities.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,358 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coral Mist/Coral Sand/Little Arches

I agree with everything the others have said. Re Coral Sands .... I haven't stayed there but took a look last time and certainly would like to. At the end of May the beach outside of it was narrow as a result of erosion but, as said, there is a calm swimming/reef-protected area and the beach was notcrowded. Happy choosing!

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,991 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coral Mist/Coral Sand/Little Arches

Just one thing to raise about Little Arches, we found the A/C to be useless to the point I was so uncomfortable we left after 3 nights, if A/C is important to you (seems to be after discounting the Crane) I would consider that point. I think Coral Sands would be the one I would pick from the 3 on your check list. I do agree that Miami is a beautiful beach but if you are renting a car anyway no problem as it is only a short drive away.

Atlantic Shores...
Level Contributor
2,130 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Coral Mist/Coral Sand/Little Arches

Not to discount your experience there in any way, uk, but we've never found it to be a problem and have stayed in all but about two of the rooms at LA. And as someone living in Texas, where folks even put A/C in dog houses (seriously) and the temp in public buildings is set to "polar" for most of the year, I'm reasonably sensitive to it.

The layout of some of the rooms at LA is such that not all have the A/C unit blowing directly on the sleeping area. In others, it does and is quite comfortable. Or perhaps you got a room with a failing unit or one needing repair, or you may just require a colder air temp than some folks.

Sorry you had a bad experience. Being uncomfortable in your room is miserable and can certainly ruin your holiday. But we've quite enjoyed our visits and have just never had an A/C problem.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,358 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coral Mist/Coral Sand/Little Arches

If you want a classy boutique style hotel with a very personal touch, great dining and the "je ne sais quoi" then Little Arches is the choice. Yes you have to cross the very quiet street and walk 200 feet to a marvelous beach.

Coral Sands is a second because it's on the beach but isn't the cachet of Little Arches.

Having a car is a plus as it gives you the flexibility of going where you want, when you want and nothing is far in Barbados.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
2,991 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Coral Mist/Coral Sand/Little Arches

BPfife, no don't worry I know everyone has different experiences and temps they are happy at. Just for a bit of background we tried out 2 rooms, the first was an ocean view (some debate there lol!, more like car park view) the A/C just didn't work at all, water was running out of it, hence a move to the 2nd room which was one of the Ocean suites and that had one A/C unit in the living room over the sofa, I found it unbearably hot in the bedroom area which is tucked away in the back. We've stayed in quite a few hotels in Mexico, St.Lucia etc where they have done a turn down service and left a little chocolate on your pillow, this is the only hotel where we have come back to a puddle of chocolate on a plate, kind of tells its own story really. It sounds like it is still the same as MrsCoombs mentioned her husband found it hot also, I know not everyone worries about A/C, as she said it didn't bother her. Believe me to make me leave a place it was very uncomfortable. I appreciate it may be a different scenario in some of the other rooms if the A/C unit is over the bed. I find it very disappointing that they haven't addressed the issue still in the Ocean suites, I would have thought it would be quite a simple solution to add another A/C unit. To be honest the one that was in there didn't seem efficient to me either, One night I tried to sleep on the sofa under the unit I was so hot and still found it hot. Sorry for the ramble was just trying to point out that if people like their rooms cool it may not necessarily be a good choice, at least in the rooms we experienced. Never had a problem in any other hotel or apartment we have rented in Bim.

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,630 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Coral Mist/Coral Sand/Little Arches

I agree with other posters and although we haven't stayed at Coral Sands, have thought seriously about it for a future visit. The beach is very quiet and peaceful and the rooms look lovely.

We've stayed at The Crane a number of times and have not had any problems with AC.

Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish
Recent Conversations