We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Escape at the Gap-questions

Which Christ Church Parish hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
tyne and wear
Level Contributor
503 posts
260 reviews
Save Topic
Escape at the Gap-questions

Does anyone know:-

Are there hairdryers in the rooms?

How frequently does the free bus service to bridgetown run and is it every day?

What times are the evening meals served in the a la carte?

What times are the evening buffet available?

My partner and I are counting down to september and I like to know a bit about a hotel before I get there. Thanks

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,058 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Escape at the Gap-questions

If you go to their website you'll find most of the answers to your questions. www.escapehotels.co.uk/gaprestaurants.aspx

WEST MIDLANDS
Level Contributor
424 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Escape at the Gap-questions

Hi

Yes there are hair dryers in the rooms.

Cant remember the Bridgetown bus being daily, we did use the service though. Your best to check with the rep once you get there and then book the day you want to go.

Evening meals, you have to book your time slot, this can be done in the morning when you have your breakfast.

We've only been back a couple of months, wish i was going again in Sept!

Have a great time, say hi to Ray on the beach for me!

Lisa.

tyne and wear
Level Contributor
503 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Escape at the Gap-questions

Thanks for the information,much appreciated

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,342 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Escape at the Gap-questions

The shopping bus into Bridgetown does go every day except Sunday and I think it's twice a day. We were picked up about 10 ish (might have been 10.30am) from Southern Palms which is next door to EATG so it will be similar. If the times don't suit you though you can always use the local bus if you walk up to the main road.

Midlands
Level Contributor
99 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Escape at the Gap-questions

Hairdryers are in the rooms and not too bad. Not sure about the bus into Bridgetown - we arranged a taxi and the cost was pretty reasonable.

We were at this hotel over xmas and New Year and have booked again for this year.

The hotel is split over two sites - Pirates; which is just over the road and beachside. The pool over the road is bigger than the beachside pool (which is tiny) but to be honest, the beach is so nice, I can't imagine anyone wanting to sit around the pool.

The hotel is small and very friendly. Entertainment wasn't anything to write home about but for us, New Years Eve was fantastic and xmas day, Santa arriving on his jet bike was brilliant. Others evenings were fairly low key but I understand that the hotel were trying to introduce some livlier acts??

There's plenty going off around the Gap, if you fancy a change of scenery. You can catch the reggae buses and travel around for next to nothing and these trips are hilarious and are an absolute must!!

Swimming with the turtles - fantastic. We've done this every year (not the Virgin trip though - too expensive and they cram too many people on the boat). Go with the guy on the beach.

We stayed in an Ocean view suite. Very spacious although bathroom could have done with updating but it was clean and served its purpose. Bed linen and towels changed each day.

Food - when we were there, the food was exceptional (bearing in mind this is only a 3* hotel). We were advised to book at breakfast each morning for the evening meal slot : a la carte or buffet. To be honest, if the hotel is fairly quiet, I wouldn't stress about this too much because there were many evenings when we could have just walked in or maybe would have had to wait a little while even if we hadn't booked. Everyone was so friendly and nothing was too much trouble and if you make the effort with the staff, they'll go out of their way to make your holiday a memorable one.

Enjoy Barbados - I can't wait to go back.

staffs
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Escape at the Gap-questions

Was wondering could you help me out with the dress code for buffet nights and a la carte for men and boys , is it smart trousers or are jeans allowed or three quarter trousers thinking of my teenagers .If you could think of any other tips that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

cambridge england
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Escape at the Gap-questions

hi there,we stayed at the escape in june with our two boys. the dress code in the evening wasn't to stict, my husband took two pairs of trousers just in case but ended up wearing smart shorts and shirt/polo shirt, the boys were the same. i think most of the time dress codes are put in place so people dont go to dinner in their swim shorts, its quite relaxed and the staff are lovely enjoy.

staffs
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Escape at the Gap-questions

Thank you for that have tried to convince my teenage lads that chinos are ok...... they werent convinced !! you have somewhat eased the situation no more arguments on trousers..

Midlands
Level Contributor
99 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Escape at the Gap-questions

My 15 year old wore canvas/smartish type shorts each evening and we were fine. The same applied to my husband. However, we have stayed at another AI hotel in Barbados and they insisted on smart trousers in the a la carte section. We are going again to Escape at Xmas and will pack a pair of trousers/jeans just in case!!

They are pretty strict during breakfast and lunchtimes when you cannot go into the restaurant in your swimwear - you do have to cover up.

10. Re: Escape at the Gap-questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2011, 07:31