We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pirates inn

Which Christ Church Parish hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
pirates inn

Thinking about booking the Pirates Inn for a two week holiday - fed up with the 5* all inclusive type hotels as they are all so repetitive. I see this place has good reviews on Trip Advisor, but was wondering just how basic it is at is it only classed as a 2*. Also is it within easy walking distance to nice local bars, restaurants, supermarkets etc - any info greatly appreciated

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pirates inn

I stayed at Pirates Inn twice before moving out here and found it to an ideal base for my holidays. The rooms are equipped to a good standard the beds were comfortable. Ideally situated for nightlife. Reasonable price. Staff were polite and efficient. Accomodation was clean. Enjoy!!

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,351 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pirates inn

Yes I agree with the last post.

Pirates is small, clean and friendly with lovely staff - the rooms are well equipped for self catering and I cannot think of any device or appliance that we needed that wasn't there.

The location is good too - 2 mins walk to the Boardwalk, bus and ZR routes and about 5 mins or so to the bank and shops.

There are two things worth mentioning I think - one is that air con is payable locally (think it was 10USD per night a couple of years ago). There are fans in the rooms though so you may not need it. The other thing is that not all of the rooms have a balcony or patio - if you like to sit on your balcony with your breakfast or to have a drink as we do then that is a major drawback. If you are booking directly with Pirates then you could specify that you wanted a balcony at the time but if you book through Virgin you may not get one - I think I'd contact Pirates directly about it.

All in all though I think it offers very good value for money.

Scotland
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pirates inn

thanks both of you for your comments

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pirates inn

I have friends that come over to Barbados twice a year and always stay at Pirates - have been staying there for years. The location is good as it's close to banks and shops. The Boardwalk is probably about 2-3 mins walks and there are a number of bars and restaurants along the Boardwalk all within easy walking distance such as Tapas, Boardwalk Beach Bar, The Tiki Hut (opened last Friday and is right next to Allamanda Hotel) - Allmanada Hotel does good food too and has a nice open air Sunday afternoon/evening vibe going on with live music so well worth going to. None of these are more than 5 mins walk. There is a new mall about 4 mins walk from the hotel with Subway, a Chinese restauarant, hair salon, several other eateries and a large convenience store.

Othere bars and restaurants within walking distance but a little further maybe 5-10 mins walk are Bubbas, Just Grilling and New York Pizza at Quayside Centre, Opa, Bistro Monet, Chefette, and a little further is Champers!

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pirates inn

hi butterflysue. going on vaction in may. our first time to barbados. just wonder what would be best to keep in contact with home. don't want to bring laptop, so thought calling card maybe..also staying at butterfly beach hotel, know anything about it and the area? any other ideas would be great to hear...... thanks.

6. Re: pirates inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2011, 07:35
Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish