We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Probably last family vacation:(

Which Christ Church Parish hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
424 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Probably last family vacation:(

Hi - we are planning a trip Dec 2011 - we'll be traveling with our college age kids (22 & 18) so pretty much thinking it could be our last big family vacation - I know they will want to surf but also have a place with a great beach, pool and bar. I love to explore and lounge on a beach - any suggestions as to area to stay and hotel/resorts would be great. Ideally would like a place with 2 bedrooms - Thanks looking forward to planning this trip.

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,654 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Probably last family vacation:(

Bougainvillea Beach on the south coast has great 2-bedroom deluxe apartment - we loved it. Might work out perfectly. Several hotels on the island do advertise 2-bedroom. On the west coast check out any of these: Cobblers Cove, The Sandpiper and Coral Reef Club.

Check out my tips at: www.barbadostips.com for pictures and indepth personal reviews. We love the island and have gone as a couple and with our family since 1986. Always something great to go back for.

You may also want to consider renting a villa that would be 2 or 3 bedroom. Some are off the beach, but a short walk to get to one. Or I'm sure you will have a rental vehicle, so that may not matter much. Many come with great private pools. This is a fantastic way for some close family time. Check out: www.islandhideaways.com or www.bajanservices.com

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,013 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Probably last family vacation:(

"so pretty much thinking it could be our last big family vacation "

Maybe but not necessarily so. Having gone through that stage of life I can say that with grand children our vacations have more family than before. So there's hope yet.

Don't know how long you're planning to visit but have you thought of self catering? Rent a villa, on the beach, with a pool, many villas come staffed so you can have someone do the cooking if you want.

As for surfing it's either the South Coast Inch Marlow area or the east coast which is more rugged but not really a swimming area.

Suggest you look at www.barbados.org or go to www.barbadosrockleyvacations.com their maps and info page for links to rental sites or www.totallybarbados.com

The price might be quite comparable to booking a hotel.

Whatever you decide to do, enjoy your family vacation.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Probably last family vacation:(

I would second Bougainvillea but also look at apartments. Sapphire Beach Condos in The Gap may be good for you all, on a good beach, walkable to the bars & restaurants but still at the quiet end of the street.

If you are looking for a resort directly on a surfing beach you will find that you will be in a more isolated area is this ok for you? You could look at Silver Point Villa this is in a surfing area. I would suggest they take trips to different surfing areas.

Boston
Level Contributor
424 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Probably last family vacation:(

Thanks for the replies really appreciate you taking the time to help. Great information to start my reseach on this trip. December looks like a pretty busy time. Now if only the two different colleges would line up their winter breaks we'll be all set!

5. Re: Probably last family vacation:(

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 20:17