We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

the Royal Wedding 29th April

Kent United Kingdom
Level Contributor
308 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
the Royal Wedding 29th April

We will be in there on 29th April the day of Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding.

Does anyone know if anything special is being planned as celebrations in Barbados.

thanks

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
UK
Level Contributor
143 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: the Royal Wedding 29th April

Hi wendylilac....i asked the same question on this forum a few weeks back.....hoping that a hotel might do a package....but then my husband reminded me that the broadcasting of the wedding starts at 9am UK time so that will be 4am barbados time!!!.....think i will be watching it tucked up in my bed..ha ha...

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: the Royal Wedding 29th April

It doesn't matter what time it starts in Barbados I will be up watching it. It should be on CBC Channel 8!!! He's my prince Cymru am Byth hankies at the ready!!!!

Edited: 20 April 2011, 20:19
Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
5,061 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: the Royal Wedding 29th April

well I'll be up.. early.. and watching from home..we have all sorts of channels and I would guess that whatever hotel you will be in, they will have access either to Channel 8 (local station). or ABC, NBC, CBS, Lifetime. whom ever might be showing it. BBC American even....

Kent United Kingdom
Level Contributor
308 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: the Royal Wedding 29th April

Thanks everyone - the actual ceremony is 11am UK time, which is approx

6am Barbados time. I understand that USA BBC is televising it from 4am

( will be all the lead up to ceremony) so perhaps we will have access to that.

Perhaps the hotels should be putting on a special breakfast!!!

Should be a good day - Royal Wedding, breakfast, beach, sea, SUN ...................

We are staying at Southern Palms.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Southern Palms
Southern Palms
1,083 Reviews
Barbados
Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: the Royal Wedding 29th April

The rumors thus far have the royla couple spending a week in Jordan on their honeymoon although 2 weeks have been set aside, which would mean they have an extra week somewhere. Could Barbados be part of the honeymoon plan? I've tried to picture them at Oistens on a friday night....might be a long shot.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
AberdeenUK
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: the Royal Wedding 29th April

Slim chance of celebrations on the island. Way I hear it, the Bajan's are a bit miffed their PM did not get an invite.

barbados
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: the Royal Wedding 29th April

I'm glad he did'nt, that would bre more taxpayers money wasted sending him and his entourage to England, first class of course.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
5,061 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: the Royal Wedding 29th April

Not sure where you heard our PM wasn't invited.. in fact both the PM and the Govenor General were invited and according to this list, are attending.

officialroyalwedding2011.org/blog/2011/April…

and I'm not aware of our GG travels with a pack of people, although I'm sure his granddaughters would have loved that trip..

Funny.. I don't see the US Prez and First Lady on that list.. but I'm guessing they will be there...

Edited: 25 April 2011, 03:17
AberdeenUK
Level Contributor
42 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: the Royal Wedding 29th April

Sunniebgi,

I stand corrected. I had it on good authority. Goes to show, the taxi drivers don't know everything..

Hope you enjoy the day.

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,752 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: the Royal Wedding 29th April

Sunnie,

The Obama's are not invited to the wedding but are coming over on a state visit in May.

Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish
Recent Conversations