We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barbados smoking ban

Which Christ Church Parish hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
393 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Barbados smoking ban

I just cancelled plans for my 11th consecutive trip to Barbados because two of the hotels I wanted to stay at would not allow us to smoke, cocktail, and watch the sunset from our balcony. Does anyone know of any exceptions or can they recommend another island destination?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,161 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barbados smoking ban

There are some hotels that do still allow smoking on the balconies I believe, it depends which area and what level of hotel you are looking at.

As far as I know, Butterfly Beach in Maxwell allows smoking on their balconies, I'm sure other people could let you know about other hotels.

Another option is to go for an apartment or villa etc as they may well have a verandah etc where you could smoke...

Good luck!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,636 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barbados smoking ban

which 2 hotels?!?! and can we help you look for another!?!?!?! don't want you to break your winning streak now!!!

Ottawa
Level Contributor
242 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barbados smoking ban

I smoked on the balcony at Coconut Court in Dec 2010.

Ontario
Level Contributor
711 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barbados smoking ban

Just back from Butterfly Beach and while we don't smoke, there were ashtrays on the balcony. Word of warning...not all rooms would have a good sunset view but there were people smoking around the pool and patios areas (not the bar though) that offered lovely views.

MAIDENHEAD, UK
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
3,683 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barbados smoking ban

If you put 'smoking ban' into the search box ...you will find a number of discussions ... there was a big one quite recently

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
393 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barbados smoking ban

Coral Mist and the Rostrevor do not allow smoking on their balconies.

south coast england
Level Contributor
140 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barbados smoking ban

That's great news that there is a smoking ban in Barbados as I have just booked a trip there, and my main worry when going to new destinations is that I am going to end the evening smelling like someones dirty old ash tray.

Canada
Level Contributor
1,476 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barbados smoking ban

Hope you find a place.....must say I am so happy that I no longer smoke (quit 10 years ago).....can go anywhere and I'm sure I certainly smell better too!

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,342 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Barbados smoking ban

You can smoke on the balconies at Southern Palms and at Coconut Court but not in the rooms. The smoking legislation has not proved to be an issue - it is what we are used to in the UK and I think in Canada, the US etc so don't let it deter you from going back to Barbados.

london
Level Contributor
85 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Barbados smoking ban

feeling so sorry for you, as i also had to stay in january at another hotel which allows smoking on the room balconies.. escape at the gap, but missed the rostrevor very much. so may swap the next time the real ciggarete for the electronic or smokeless one, as i am not ready to give up yet :((

personaly like the smoking ban otherwise, especially in the indoor parts of

the bars. is very easy just to step outside and smoke in that lovely weather.

the only problem i have experienced since the smoking ban started, that some

other tourists or local people may get a bit verbaly agressive towards you, really, believe me, even when you smoke outside of the roofed bar, they just do not want to smell the smoke at all which i do understand, but it goes quickly up into the air. and i would not personaly ever smoke next to the people with children or while having the lunch/dinner. so i was surprised with such a reaction a few times, and just stepped further aside.

Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish