We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can anyone recommend a Hotel in Barbados

Essex
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Can anyone recommend a Hotel in Barbados

Hi,

I need to book a hotel in Barbados for January 2012 and I am unsure where to go, I am after a nice beach and walking distance to various restaurants. I dont want AI as we like to try different restaurants. Also are there any areas & hotels to avoid?

Thanks

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can anyone recommend a Hotel in Barbados

I would first decide which coast to stay on and then come up with a budget then it might be easier to narrow it down. The 2 main areas are Holetown & St Lawrence Gap these are areas that have the most bars and restaurants, but the island is only very small so nothing is very far away.

St. albert,Alberta
Level Contributor
919 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can anyone recommend a Hotel in Barbados

We love the Southern Surf. Its across the street from Rockley beach and an easy walk to restaurants,bars and stores. For us, its the perfect location in Barbados.

Vancover
Level Contributor
700 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Can anyone recommend a Hotel in Barbados

And for the west coast look at Settlers Beach it is wonderful ...service , food, rooms beach etc and close to Holetown a 5 min walk for tennis restaurants shops banks night life

Enjoy your holiday , all sides of island the east , west and south coast have distinct charm and wonderful hotels .

Vancover
Level Contributor
700 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Can anyone recommend a Hotel in Barbados

And Sandpiper on west coast is also great.

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can anyone recommend a Hotel in Barbados

hi. i say the butterfly motel.nice close to olstines fish fry on friday nights. bus stops right out front. easy to go anywhere. butterfly staff very friendly and helpful...resturant right there, very good....have fun and enjoy.....

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
11,425 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can anyone recommend a Hotel in Barbados

The standard and price of hotels in Barbados varies greatly. The West coast in general being the more expensive as more of the luxury hotels are on that coast. So for us to recommend a Hotel we really need to know what level of hotel you require.

Regrettably the order of the hotel ratings on here is not really a guide to the best hotel especially as an apartment block built as a time share without a proper restaurant is no 1 !!! whereas some of the very best 5 star hotels are lower on the list simply because the people staying at these hotels don't tend to write reviews. However, if you do read the reviews and ignore the order of the list you can get an insight into what each hotel has to offer.

It would be a good idea to first choose your favourite coast after reading on here what each coast has to offer, and then take it from there.

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can anyone recommend a Hotel in Barbados

I think the rankings are a good indication of how good a hotel is within it's class, not necessarily as they rank against each other. Some great 2 and 3 star hotels are on there and deservedly so. However I absolutely agree that the fact the number one hotel isn't even really a "hotel" is, IMHO, ridiculous and shouldn't be allowed. Sure, it may be a good timeshare but the way it's presented on here isn't appropriate. It's odd that nobody that reviews the place ever mentions that there is no restaurant. Nor do they mention that there is, in fact, no beach opposite! Hmmmm?!?!?

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can anyone recommend a Hotel in Barbados

But to answer your question; there is a new boardwalk on the south coast with lovely beaches and many eateries in the area. Depending on your budget some you could look at would be Accra Beach hotel, Allamanda, Southern Surf, Coral Mist/ Blue Orchid.

New England
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Can anyone recommend a Hotel in Barbados

I too have notice that the reviews are not as reliable as they use to be. Recently I was in a hotel that had slips of paper at checkout for you to take with the info to write a review for TA. It is too bad that they are not as reliable as they use to be a great resource.

Essex
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can anyone recommend a Hotel in Barbados

Has anyone stayed at the Discovery Bay St James Barbados as I was thinking of booking this one

Thanks

Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish
Recent Conversations