We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

months

Leeds, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
months

its my husband 60th birthday next year and want to take him on a special holiday to barbados can you tell me best time to go and a really nice hotel thanks

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,634 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: months

Welcome to the Forum and here are a few tips to help you research and find what you're looking for.

First take a look at the FAQ's above and then go to the other subjects related to them, there's a great deal of useful information on that part.

The dry season is December 1 to May 30, rainy season June 1 to November 30 which is also the hurricane season. That being said the dry season this year has been quite wet, which is unusual.

The high season for tourism is December 15th to April 15th so prices are set accordingly.

For hotels, really know what you want and how much you want to pay, have a budget to use as a guide. On the left side of the page is the list of hotels browse through them, read the reviews and do some comparative shopping.

Most of your questions will probably have already been answered, so put them in the seach box and in all probability you'll find your answer, if not just ask on this Forum.

Best of Luck

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,726 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: months

I booked the Sugar Cane Club for my husbands 60th- mid November. Hotel not on the beach but close enough for us. Check out the reviews. Its adults only. Only downside .......we fell in love with Barbados then and I may have to keep working forever to afford these holidays ! (PS we go with Virgin)

Edited: 11 June 2011, 14:58
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: months

We have just come back, usually go in March as the weather is not as humid, however as mentioned above this year has been a little strange Weather wise. We went for 14 days and had probably 20 minutes of rain for the whole stay ( which was at night)

Depending on budget you have the obvious hotels:

Sandy Lane

Coral Reef

The Crane

Tamarind

Wherever you stay, you will have a great time!

West Malling...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,503 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: months

My favourite time is April or May. It is just out of the peak season prices and the weather is usually wonderful.

Take a look at Mango Bay, great position in Holetown, nice friendly staff and great food.

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: months

We like to go off season when the prices are lower. We've been there every month from May through November and loved it. Also had great weather.

You might look at these west coast properties: Cobblers Cove, The Sandpiper, Coral Reef Club and Treasure Beach. All great hotels with excellent service.

Take a look at my tips at: www.barbadostips.com I've got lots of pictures we've taken on various trips and lots of helpful information that may help with your planning.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: months

I've just celebrated my 60th birthday and my husband and I are staying at the Coral Sands Hotel from 15th April. I hope you found somewhere nice.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,168 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: months

Bearing in mind that Barbados is in the tropics, there's always a chance of a tropical downpour and the seasons don't always stick to what they should. Technically April should be drier than November, but last year I went both of those months, April was a total washout and November was lovely and sunny!

As has been mentioned, December 15 - April 15 is peak season and as such prices are higher, I'm inclined to agree with Babiface, April/May is usually a good time to go, actually, anytime is a good time, it's Barbados and it's great :O)

There are lots of nice hotels/apartments/villas on the island, it all depends on your personal preference (AI, self catering, apartment, guesthouse etc), type of area and of course, your budget as prices range from US$20 per person into the $1000s per night.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,233 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: months

LittleMissRed

Not sure if you noticed this thread was created June 11, 2011 and was resurrected yesterday... the OP never returned to it.

Regards

9. Re: months

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2013, 10:23
Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish
Recent Conversations