We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Bougainvillea room for small child

London
Level Contributor
24 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Best Bougainvillea room for small child

Hi all. My wife and I are looking to go for our first family holiday with our 1yr old daughter. We are all excited (and nervous) so planning ahead. With regards to accommodation, we ideally need a ground floor room (due to pushchair). Does anyone know which ground floor rooms are the best and which have sea views? Ideally, we would like a 1 bed suite rather than a studio but not too fussed.

I have seen posts which suggest the standard rooms are better than the deluxe ones so want to be sure before splashing out.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,358 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Bougainvillea room for small child

I think you have picked the right hotel to take a young child and I think you'll have a great holiday there.

I have only stayed in a deluxe studio there as there were just two of us but a one bedroom would be better for three of you I think.

I would suggest a one bedroom in what was the old Sandacres part. Can't remember the room numbers sorry but somebody else on here will help with that. Don't think they allocate rooms by view but I'm sure they'd honour a ground floor room request for you if they possibly could.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,358 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Bougainvillea room for small child

I didn't make it clear - that would be standard 1 bedroom in the Sandacres building

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Bougainvillea room for small child

This is a difficult question because with one hand I would say a ground floor room, easier with the pushchair, but all the ground floor rooms (I believe) on both the standard & deluxe side have either no enclosures for the balcony or steps to the gardens. I didn't go there when my son was young so I don't know what I would do for the best, I probably would go for first floor so that I know he could not wander off to where there are swimming pools and the sea.

I would email the hotel and ask if there is any room on the ground floor where the balcony is enclosed otherwise I think you may keep your window closed most of the time or having to never take your eyes of her. All rooms have some sea view but there is quite a bit of planting at the hotel which make it sometimes more difficult so first floor would again be more beneficial.

London
Level Contributor
24 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Bougainvillea room for small child

Many thanks for the quick responses - this is really appreciated. I think I will go for a standard 1 bed based on the advice given. I presume the rooms have a/c?

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,181 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Bougainvillea room for small child

Yup, the rooms have a/c.

Regards

Montreal
Level Contributor
627 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Bougainvillea room for small child

I echo the recommendations for a ground-level unit on the Sand Acres (east) side. We stayed on that side in a studio when our daughter was one and found it more than adequate. We also stayed on the west side when she was two and had stairs to contend with. We prefer the views from the east side units.

7. Re: Best Bougainvillea room for small child

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 23:17
Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish
Recent Conversations