We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rugby World Cup 2011

Which Christ Church Parish hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Beccles, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Rugby World Cup 2011

My wife and I will be staying in Barbados at the Bougainvillea resort for two weeks during the Rugby World Cup during September. We are both great fans and would like to know of anywhere that will be showing some of the matches (mainly involving England) in the Maxwell/St Lawrence area.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rugby World Cup 2011

You should be able to watch the rugby at many places:-

Bert's Bar, Bubba's, TGI Fridays, Pablo Donte's, The Ship Inn and possibly Charlie's Bar. all are a maximum of 10 minutes away and most are closer.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,859 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rugby World Cup 2011

JonsBB

In addition to Scary's suggestions, Players Sports Bar in Worthing is also a good place to catch those games.

Regards

London, United...
Level Contributor
727 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rugby World Cup 2011

I'm sure you already know but don't forget that some of England's games kick off at 7am UK time which is 2am in Barbados, all of the places that have already been mentioned are the most likely places to show the Rugby but only if they're open at that time, If not you may have to rely on them showing replays of the games. England v Argentina kicks off at 9:30am which is 4:30am in Barbados.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Destination Expert
for Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rugby World Cup 2011

If that's the case, the Lucky Horseshoe in Worthing is open 24 hours and I do remember watching rugby in there at all sorts of odd times a few years back.

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rugby World Cup 2011

Most people have now moved from Lucky Horseshoe to Berts. If it's open, that's where the biggest crowds will be. I used to watch at Lucky Horseshoe too but nowadays there's not a lot of atmosphere since the rugby " regulars" moved on. Go early, it'll be jammed.

6. Re: Rugby World Cup 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 07:15