We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coral mist or southern palms?

West Glover, Vermont
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
coral mist or southern palms?

Which hotel and beach do you prefer? I like to play in the waves? Which one has bigger waves? Thanks!

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,592 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: coral mist or southern palms?

My preference would be without doubt Southern Palms, great beach with some decent sized waves, and the hotel is superb.

Just my humble opinion.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: coral mist or southern palms?

For location I would go for Southern Palms not stayed at either so can't comment on the actual hotels.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,359 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: coral mist or southern palms?

Yes inclined to agree .... S Palms fronts onto Dover Beach but it's a short walk from C Mist to Rockley/Accra beach and the waves will be similar as to those on Dover beach. Both are well located for bars, restaurants etc. The standard of rooms etc will be similar at both hotels. C Mist gives you self catering facilities which you don't get at S Palms unless you pay for a suite.

S Palms would be my choice though just for the location.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,225 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: coral mist or southern palms?

aradox16

I love the beach at Coral Mist but prefer the Southern Palms as a hotel... I would say the bigger waves are at Southern Palms so go with that. Both are great properties.

Regards

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,290 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: coral mist or southern palms?

I think the decision partly depends on whether you want self catering or "proper" hotel.....I think you will have a great time whichever you stay at. They are both on the beach and have plenty within walking distance.

West Glover, Vermont
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: coral mist or southern palms?

I would be staying for just a couple nights before heading off to the Grenadines. Are there some small food stands(fresh fish) in the area of these hotels? Thanks!

West Glover, Vermont
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: coral mist or southern palms?

Southern Palm sounds good!

Exmouth England
Level Contributor
699 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: coral mist or southern palms?

I have not stayed at Southern Palms but can highly recommend Coral Mist. It is right on the beach, no walking needed except for out of your room and the waves are good there. I always find the sea at Rockley/Acra Beach calmer than at Coral Mist.

Facilities at Coral Mist are brilliant, free use of kayaks and bodyboards and the rooms are fully stocked with everything you could possibly need if you are looking for a self catering stay. Lots of good restaurants/bars within walking distance etc etc.

9. Re: coral mist or southern palms?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2012, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish
Recent Conversations