We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bougainvillea questions

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Bougainvillea questions

We are going to Bougainvillea in February with young kids and I had a couple questions...

1. Are there beach toys? Like the pail and shovel variety (our kids are young).

2. Could anyone recommend a snorkel/turtle tour that would be good for kids? Some look more geared for adults.

3. Are their self-serve laundry facilities? Or a laundromat nearby? If convenient I'd do some laundry and pack less.

Thanks!!

Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bougainvillea questions

Bougainvillea does have beach toys for kids, also boogie boards for the adults and big kids. They also have laundry machines available that use tokens available at the front desk. It is self service. For tours ask at the front desk and they can set you up. Congrats on going, it's my favorite beach on the island. You'll love it.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,358 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bougainvillea questions

We didn't have young children with us when we stayed at the Bougainvillea a couple of years ago but I do remember noticing that the facilities and activities for children were very good in general. As far as I recall the laundry facilities were as richaaard described.

The beach is lovely and if the waves are too rough for the children then there are pools.

For the turtle/snorkeling trip I suggest Cool Runnings or Jammin.

Have a great time.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bougainvillea questions

Thanks for the quick responses!

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bougainvillea questions

The watersports guys at the hotel will do a turtle trip for your family on a smaller boat but geared for your children. Ask for JP he is really helpful.

5. Re: Bougainvillea questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 23:17
Get answers to your questions about Christ Church Parish