We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Escape at the Gap

Which Christ Church Parish hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Derby, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Escape at the Gap

Has anyone found out whether the hotel is closing for refurbishment or closing for good? It seems really odd that the hotel would choose to close for refurbishment just before the busy xmas and new year season?? We've stayed at EATG on a few occasions and like other guests, have thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. I've been in touch with one of the Managers but even she doesn't seem to know what's going on. If the hotel is being refurbished then surely they would have some idea of how long this will take with an approximate date for it's re-opening.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,680 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Escape at the Gap

habbo11

There seems to be a cloud of uncertainty regarding this property and even here we're hearing conflicting stories regarding it as well. When management makes an official announcment on it I'll post it here.

Regards

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Escape at the Gap

Thanks

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Escape at the Gap

Sorry to bother you again but I don't suppose you know anything about the re-opening of The Savannah Beach Hotel (Virgins' latest venture). We've been led to believe that it will be opening at the end of November after refurbishments???

It appears that a lot of accommodation has been closed or are due to close for refurb - friends of ours had booked to stay at South Beach and have just been notified by Virgin that this isn't going to be open in time for their stay over xmas and new year. We were booked at EATG and only told a few weeks ago that we were being moved to The Savannah due to Escapes pending closure. Nothing seems to be happening with Allamanda and when we were in Barbados last year we noticed that Sandy Bay was still deserted, as was Silver Sands ...

staines
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Escape at the Gap

help, ecape at the gap seems to be our perfect choice for our ho;iday this year, 3 nov , but is it closing? could anyone recomend another all inclusive in barbados within walking distance to bars and nightlife?

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
401 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Escape at the Gap

Just up the road from eatg I would recommend turtle beach as a good all inclusive.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Escape at the Gap

EATG isn't actually closing until 28th November so you should be o.k. We priced Turtle Beach (which is lovely) but a lot more expensive than Escape. Sea Breeze sounds lovely but it is a little further out than Escape at the Gap.

There's also Barbados Beach Club but not sure what this is like.

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Escape at the Gap

Re South Beach- apparently when that hotel was refurbished lately it failed to pass the engineer's inspection and has been deemed to be unsafe! So, as far as I know, there's no reopening date at all. Fusion, their restaurant is leaving (as I suppose you would if housed in an unsafe building) and moving to the old Wispers location in Bridgetown.

uk
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Escape at the Gap

Glad to hear that something is moving to the Wispers location. Lovely setting there :)

Have you any idea when they will be open there In Barbados?

9. Re: Escape at the Gap

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 19:17