We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weddings at Dover beach

Which Christ Church Parish hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
norway
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Weddings at Dover beach

Anyone who know if Dover beach is suitable for weddings in december?? Or is the beach to busy??

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weddings at Dover beach

I would say a bit too commercial, next to Dover is a smaller beach White Sands which I would say would be lovely for a beach wedding a few palm trees and Salt Ash bar for some celebratory drinks or you could go into Oceans 2 if you want something more upmarket.

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,498 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weddings at Dover beach

I second footychick's comment most definitely.

3. Re: Weddings at Dover beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2011, 11:18
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,859 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weddings at Dover beach

hilhel

I agree with footychick as well. You could also look into Bottom Bay or Crane Beach in St. Philip.

Regards

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,498 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weddings at Dover beach

Just to add about White Sands beach, it is nearly always quiet and i have had the pleasure of attending two weddings on there plus seeing a few more couples tying the knot.

IMHO it is a perfect setting.

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weddings at Dover beach

http://www.beachesofbarbados.com/

This is a great site that gives pictures and descriptions of a number of the beaches around the island but not all.

7. Re: Weddings at Dover beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2011, 11:18
norway
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Weddings at Dover beach

Thanks for advices, guess we have to check it out when we arrive Dover.

scotland
Level Contributor
137 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weddings at Dover beach

my husband and i were married on the sand at dover beach next to the southern palms hotel at the quiet end and it was fabulous and gave perfect backdrop for some photos other than the beach

there are some palm trees that will give you the shade you will need and a perfect place for a small table, decorations and register signing. Although nothing to do with the hotel we were able to hold a small reception there with food, drinks and cake cutting for our party of 10 at very reasonable cost. we also organised steel pan drum music.

there were a few people on the beach sunbathing but we just asked them if they wouldnt mind moving for about half hour and they were only too pleased to oblige and watch the wedding at a short distance

it was exactly as i had planned and dreamed of for a long time and as you dont need to organise the wedding before you arrive in Barbados you can alwasy check it out when you get there and before you go ahead with the ceremony, just make sure you have all the documents you need with you on your trip

good luck

norway
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Weddings at Dover beach

Thanks a lot for your tip. Pictures of Dover beach looks fantastic, hope it is like that when we arrive there.